Author Topic: SciFi Renders  (Read 103483 times)

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Re: SciFi Renders
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2009, 10:23:03 AM »
guys from here on out, please upload pics instead of hotlinking them...
the images are much too large and it causes the page to load much longer than necessary...

thx :)

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2009, 11:35:37 PM »
Well, we don't have a NFX GE screenshot thread, so this is the most appropriate place.

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2009, 03:22:09 PM »
A little preliminary shot of an interior I'm doing... the bridge of the USS Mithra.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2009, 06:38:55 PM »
The new CG sov texture by JTK, rendered in Poser.

Offline Creative Inc

• Cookies: 11
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2009, 07:45:28 PM »
A while ago, I started working with a group of people from the Netherlands on a Star Trek fan series called Dark Armada. In my spare time, I do animating and rendering for them. One of the first things I was tasked to do was to remake their intro sequence. Having done rendering and animating in the past (ATP Dimensions), I decided to give it a shot.

What I'm posting here, is the first rough cut/preview of the new intro sequence. Also, just to let you know, this uses the audio/music from the original, so things make not flow right.

http://www.filedropper.com/darkarmada-intro2

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2009, 08:58:27 PM »
some rough cut, wow :hide

beats the into I made for my RP
http://www.trek-tube.com/play.php?vid=277

PS Couldn't figure out how to embed the video

Offline Vanguard

• Cookies: 5
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2009, 06:05:06 AM »
Wow, looks awesome, saying that however, the ship move too fast, it really doesn't give you that graceful feel that the Trek intro's do... And seems rushed as if you were trying to cram everything into your music sequence... Slow down that ship (especially at the beginning bit with the spacedock) and it will be awesome.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2009, 02:01:06 PM »
well the main reason for that rushed look was that it took 8 hours to render that first scene, I was going to redo it, but in the end, I just didn't have the time.  The music isn't actually what I was going to use with it originally, it would have been part of the ST:FC title sequence music, but that was a bit too long, it was a fortunate coincidence that the final score, the main theme from the Star Trek Intrepid fan film, fit at all.  I've been thinking about redoing it, there have been a few "cast changes" since this was made anyway.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2009, 12:11:53 PM »
Just a quick render today. I would have rather added the lens flare in Max, but I don't know how. (Though links to helpful tutorials might net someone a cookie. :)) I present, the James T Kirk.

Offline CJLarkin

• Cookies: 27
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2009, 12:43:32 PM »
USS Soverign ready to Get underway (JTK's Sovereign Retexture and Cord's Sovereign DryDock)
Build a game and people will be happy for a few years. Build a community... Well, look at BC. :D
Here's to another 20 years!

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2009, 03:20:58 PM »
Update, proper lens flare thanks to limey.

Offline Creative Inc

• Cookies: 11
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2009, 09:46:56 PM »
The Enterprise - E: J.J. Abrams style.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2009, 01:25:17 AM »
well, since we're having alot of fun with wacky lighting lately, here's my latest.

you should see the animation, this scene is awesome.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2009, 07:03:22 AM »
With a lot of help from Kirk and Limey, I bring you my first decent renders of the Enterprise...yay!
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Dalek

« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2009, 05:59:43 PM »
More Sovie renders with blue-ness...:P
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Dalek

« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2009, 02:19:06 PM »
And some Kelvin pictures...

- Lorien

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2009, 12:52:29 AM »
Hey, which method did you end up using? Mental Ray, or faking it with an omni? (Looks like mental ray.)

Here's an old render of mine. I was working on getting 3E's connie bridge to look right in Max. (I obviously never quite finished.)

Offline Dalek

« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2009, 04:03:41 AM »
I ended up using the omni. Couldn't figure out how to make the mental ray work (hell, couldn't even find it) so I went back to omni.

Now FoaS's Juva gets to make an appearance. :P

- Lorien

Offline CJLarkin

• Cookies: 27
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2009, 02:33:00 PM »
Fire, pow pow!!!

Without those exact sound effects (or any at all, for that matter.).
Build a game and people will be happy for a few years. Build a community... Well, look at BC. :D
Here's to another 20 years!

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2009, 06:03:18 PM »
how did you do the torpedoes?  I've been trying to figure them out for my own stuff