Author Topic: SciFi Renders  (Read 103866 times)

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
Re: SciFi Renders
« Reply #320 on: February 17, 2010, 03:22:10 PM »
You might want to fiddle with the lens flare settings a bit. Lower the number of flare spikes to about 10 (or less) and set the lens flares to "Size affected by Distance" (can be found as little tick boxes in the Effects menu).
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Vladko1

• Cookies: 72
  • The trekkie of steel
    • Modders of Steel Shipyards Homepage!
« Reply #321 on: February 17, 2010, 04:03:02 PM »
Tommorow I will finish the Sovy's torpedoes. Here is a render for now. And cookie for Dalek :)

Offline Dalek

« Reply #322 on: February 18, 2010, 08:17:04 AM »
Continuing my rendering-line of famous fight scenes. :P
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #323 on: February 19, 2010, 10:36:50 PM »
for the Ghost In The Shell fans... one of many projects I have on the go, in my EXTREMELY busy schedual.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #324 on: February 20, 2010, 08:51:30 AM »
Ooh, its a killer tank scorpion. It looks cuddly too. :P

- Lorien

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
  • JL Studios - Co-Founder
« Reply #325 on: February 20, 2010, 10:44:41 AM »
Ya.....real cuddly! :P

How do you do the toon renders? They look awesome.
MUSE!!!

Offline Dalek

« Reply #326 on: February 20, 2010, 10:56:52 AM »

Hmm. Maybe I'm just getting confused with someone else....:P

Edit: Added 2 pics.

- Lorien

Offline Toa_Kaita

• Cookies: 58
  • Aspiring 3D Animator and Music Composer
    • Current Project - Earth-Link Origins
« Reply #327 on: February 20, 2010, 12:27:41 PM »
Both are incredible. Now allow me to show one of mine.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #328 on: February 20, 2010, 12:32:54 PM »
I'm not so sure about the huge Starfleet emblem emblazoned on the side. Intriguing idea though.

A really good technique to use with the BSG ships is to put the diffuse texture in the bump material property. It works really well on BSG ships from the S1-2 pack.

- Lorien

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #329 on: February 20, 2010, 12:56:46 PM »
Dalek, add a glow effect in post to those pulses. It'll help hide the fact that they're only a few polies. ;)

Offline Dalek

« Reply #330 on: February 20, 2010, 12:58:34 PM »
Dalek, add a glow effect in post to those pulses. It'll help hide the fact that they're only a few polies. ;)

If that involves mental ray my comp will die. :P

- Lorien

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #331 on: February 20, 2010, 01:00:31 PM »
No, just go into render>video post. It'll be in there. I'll walk you through it once limey and I finish up MW2.

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #332 on: February 20, 2010, 01:35:17 PM »

How do you do the toon renders? They look awesome.

Ink & Paint material.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #333 on: February 20, 2010, 02:26:49 PM »
Some gloweyness has been incorporated.

- Lorien

Offline Toa_Kaita

• Cookies: 58
  • Aspiring 3D Animator and Music Composer
    • Current Project - Earth-Link Origins
« Reply #334 on: February 20, 2010, 02:30:15 PM »
Yea, that looks much better now :)

EDIT: I has a suggestion. Cold you make the pulses and torpedoes go in more random directions? Not TOO random, mind you, just spread out a little.

EDIT 2: Added a new pic.

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #335 on: February 21, 2010, 05:27:00 PM »
Beautiful, my only suggestion is to make the atmosphere hug the surface a little more.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Dalek

« Reply #336 on: February 21, 2010, 05:33:54 PM »
EDIT: I has a suggestion. Cold you make the pulses and torpedoes go in more random directions? Not TOO random, mind you, just spread out a little.

Good idea. I've received more ideas from Kirk so although animation wise I won't re-render it, I will come back to it later for pretty pictures. :)

- Lorien

Offline Creative Inc

• Cookies: 11
« Reply #337 on: February 22, 2010, 12:28:04 PM »
Great work guys.

I'll post a video as soon as I get home and can upload it to youtube or something.

Offline Creative Inc

• Cookies: 11
« Reply #338 on: February 22, 2010, 05:51:07 PM »

Its really short, I know. But it took 4 and a half hours to render at 1080p. If you want me to upload the high res version, let me know.

Please let me know what you think. :)

Offline Dalek

« Reply #339 on: February 22, 2010, 05:55:14 PM »
That is absolutely beautiful. :)

- Lorien