Author Topic: SciFi Renders  (Read 103899 times)

Offline Meteorafallen

• MeteorCreations Founder, UUM Art Director, Renderer, Texturer, Graphical Artist
  • Cookies: 48
  • Founder of MeteorCreations
    • MeteorCreations
Re: SciFi Renders
« Reply #640 on: September 15, 2010, 02:08:38 PM »
Quite right sir. :)
Have a look at my website MeteorCreations

Offline Vladko1

• Cookies: 72
  • The trekkie of steel
    • Modders of Steel Shipyards Homepage!
« Reply #641 on: September 17, 2010, 01:47:37 PM »
In this render, only the tree isn't mine.
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio  :cry: :cry: :cry:

Offline Toa_Kaita

• Cookies: 58
  • Aspiring 3D Animator and Music Composer
    • Current Project - Earth-Link Origins
« Reply #642 on: September 17, 2010, 02:06:25 PM »
Ive been refining my wormhole technique for a Star Trek Fan series I'm working on.

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #643 on: September 17, 2010, 02:14:16 PM »
Awesome wormhole  :yay: :yay:
Cookied :thumbsup: Soon, and I'm going to make attempts to create a wormhole, for the fan production movie Im making. I have to find tutorials after that for processing a movie captured in green studio, in our case, maybe green garage or room :funny

Offline Toa_Kaita

• Cookies: 58
  • Aspiring 3D Animator and Music Composer
    • Current Project - Earth-Link Origins
« Reply #644 on: September 17, 2010, 02:17:11 PM »
I learned the technique from watching this video.

And I do believe some of his other videos are in this very thread. He's phenomenal at creating animations.

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #645 on: September 18, 2010, 06:16:45 AM »
Progress with the main ship of the fan production. Still I have to made something like JJ versions of Daedalus, NX, Poseidon, two like klingon BOPs, one romulan BOP, one volcan ship and the void ships + the interior of the ships :D
These are only showing renders. Two of them with bankrupt's suit, but the suit won't be used in the movie ;) I'll make complex, very high poly suits, if we can't make them in real world. :)

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #646 on: September 18, 2010, 08:56:15 PM »
Your renders are ruined by excess glow and excess lens flares every time.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #647 on: September 18, 2010, 09:32:07 PM »
I'm afraid I agree with Kirk :eek

you need to cut back on the photoshop effects filters.  A little lenseflare or motion blur is ok, but not this much.

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #648 on: September 19, 2010, 03:21:52 AM »
The lens is from the 3ds max, but, how can I reduce the glow on the hull, because its at its minimum? Its cool sometimes to shine, but the glow is 3 for size and 1 for intesity. But on my monitor, its like HDR.
EDIT:
Strange, when I reduce the contrast from 5000:1 to 1000, the glow is more visible :eek
And the lens, its the same as in the new games and movies :P

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
  • JL Studios - Co-Founder
« Reply #649 on: September 19, 2010, 03:33:12 AM »
The lens is from the 3ds max, but, how can I reduce the glow on the hull, because its at its minimum? Its cool sometimes to shine, but the glow is 3 for size and 1 for intesity. But on my monitor, its like HDR.

By removing it entirely. It's unnecessary. There should ONLY be glows in the bussards, nacelle grilles and deflector. "Shininess" is taken care of by the specularity.
MUSE!!!

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #650 on: September 19, 2010, 03:44:20 AM »
Glow and lens removed from video post. But, how I can simulate HDR?

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #651 on: September 19, 2010, 06:26:58 AM »
That looks immensely better.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #652 on: September 19, 2010, 08:09:39 AM »
That looks immensely better.

What he said.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #653 on: September 19, 2010, 08:20:57 AM »
sheesh guys dont be so harsh, if Vladko wants it like he had it at first, let him, personally i think it looks very cool a professional(a bit bright but professional) it gives it a more real life feel to it, to show what things may look like in the future, argue all ya want over it, but im just saying its Vladko's choice let him decide what looks best ok?  :angel

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #654 on: September 19, 2010, 09:14:05 AM »
sheesh guys dont be so harsh, if Vladko wants it like he had it at first, let him, personally i think it looks very cool a professional(a bit bright but professional) it gives it a more real life feel to it, to show what things may look like in the future, argue all ya want over it, but im just saying its Vladko's choice let him decide what looks best ok?  :angel
Heeyyyy, thanks dude! I'm glad someone thinks like me. Cookied :)
Here are two new. One of an explosian from space, which damages the ship, the second one, the ship hit from void torpedo + second void torpedo + third render

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #655 on: September 19, 2010, 12:42:35 PM »
thats quite alright, i love seeing possible real life scenes, so everyone, LEAVE HIM ALONE, ITS HIS RENDERS AND HIS CHOICE YA GOT THAT?.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #656 on: September 19, 2010, 12:55:39 PM »
Again, capitals don't make you louder. And there is also this thing called "Constructive criticism". I have yet to see anyone else whether it be on this forum or somewhere else produce a render in space where the ships have actually been glowing because of a far away star. There's good, then there's over-the-top (or OTT). Vladko's renders have improved dramatically with the cutting out of all that glow on the hull and focused almost entirely on the bussards and windows.

And here is some constructive criticism for Vladko: The hull damage is good, but rather obviously triangle shaped. Is there any way you can somehow create pieces of the hull where the edges have been charred, twisted and bent? It would go to improve the damage quite a bit. :)
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #657 on: September 19, 2010, 01:03:22 PM »
It will be a lot of work, but If I think, I can create a particles like that. I can make a planar, with many parts for height and width, I can texture the planar with the texture of the hull, and I can cut it to bended, twisted pieces. Thanks mate, thats one hell of a idea :yay: Cookied*

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #658 on: September 19, 2010, 02:52:48 PM »
@Dalek 1 its vladko's choice what he does, and 2 the capitals were emphasis.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #659 on: September 19, 2010, 02:56:40 PM »
And I will reiterate: Constructive criticism. I mean look at this:

It will be a lot of work, but If I think, I can create a particles like that. I can make a planar, with many parts for height and width, I can texture the planar with the texture of the hull, and I can cut it to bended, twisted pieces. Thanks mate, thats one hell of a idea :yay: Cookied*

Because of this:

And here is some constructive criticism for Vladko: The hull damage is good, but rather obviously triangle shaped. Is there any way you can somehow create pieces of the hull where the edges have been charred, twisted and bent? It would go to improve the damage quite a bit. :)

And if you want to emphasise something, use bold, its a lot cleaner.

- Lorien