Author Topic: SciFi Renders  (Read 103839 times)

Offline Vladko1

• Cookies: 72
  • The trekkie of steel
    • Modders of Steel Shipyards Homepage!
Re: SciFi Renders
« Reply #660 on: September 19, 2010, 03:10:53 PM »
@Dalek 1 its vladko's choice what he does, and 2 the capitals were emphasis.
Dude, I appreciate what you do, but its important to me to collect comments and rates of the renders, to know how the people like them most ;) Because and Im gonna make and fan production, filmed in green studio (maybe), or every frame will contain 3D animation, and its important to me, how most of the people like it :P

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #661 on: September 19, 2010, 07:27:21 PM »
flarespire, gtfo
His renders weren't professional quality, they were over the top. I've always help vlad in the past, and if you look at my work you will see that I may know what I'm talking about. Please, take the 15 year old CAPS LOC LOL attitude out and stop pretending to defend things you don't understand.

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #662 on: September 19, 2010, 07:44:25 PM »
all im saying is that if he wants slightly overdone glows let him, they look good and show the true detail hes put into his work. and if you EVER talk to me like that there will be issues......

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
  • JL Studios - Co-Founder
« Reply #663 on: September 19, 2010, 08:03:51 PM »
all im saying is that if he wants slightly overdone glows let him, they look good and show the true detail hes put into his work. and if you EVER talk to me like that there will be issues......

Threatening people is against the forum rules. Kirk is as entitled to his opinion as you are to yours.

As Dalek said before, there's such a thing as constructive criticism. Vladko has already said that he appreciates said criticism, and the rest of us are just trying to help him achieve as realistic renders as possible. It's his choice whether or not he listens to us or not, not yours. And given that, I've I just said, Vladko appears to appreciate our constructive criticism, I will continue to provide it whenever I feel like it, and I hope others do too. Criticism, when constructive (notice a pattern here), is a great thing. Far better than just blindly saying everything is perfect.
MUSE!!!

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #664 on: September 19, 2010, 08:17:48 PM »
im just one of those people who dont like being contradicted or ignored, ive had enough to last 3 life time over already......(plus numerous other incidents)....and its just annoying me to hell, now lets forget all this befre things get really messed up and someone ends up with no account.....

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #665 on: September 19, 2010, 08:28:26 PM »
Gods, guys, get back on topic already and stop this childish debate.

On that note.... a bit of interior design I've been plucking at:

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #666 on: September 19, 2010, 08:39:08 PM »
sweet mother of god thats really good, im guessing its based ov voyagers interior design?  :idk:

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #667 on: September 19, 2010, 09:02:31 PM »
sweet mother of god thats really good, im guessing its based ov voyagers interior design?  :idk:

yeah I got some of my inspiration from Voyager, as well as the Relativity and the NX Enterprise.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #668 on: September 20, 2010, 12:21:22 AM »
Dude, I appreciate what you do, but its important to me to collect comments and rates of the renders, to know how the people like them most ;) Because and Im gonna make and fan production, filmed in green studio (maybe), or every frame will contain 3D animation, and its important to me, how most of the people like it :P

remember, a little bit goes a long way.  Try  experimenting with different lighting, or specularity.  Especially in a fan film like this, you don't want to go too over the top, if nothing else, it will distract the viewer from the live action stuff.  Try watching a few of the existing Fanfilms that use this technique, like Hidden Frontier, there's even a few professional shows out there that film exclusively with greenscreen, like Sanctuary.

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #669 on: September 20, 2010, 07:37:51 AM »
Thanks for the advice. Only the other fan films i have to watch ;) and Aeries, awesome interior you have :)

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #670 on: September 20, 2010, 08:21:20 AM »
Vlad, I like that you're toying with visible damage like that, though I would suggest toying with boolean for some damage. If you make a kind of erratic shape, then boolean part of the hull out using it, you can break up what you have left by stencilling shapes (And at the same time, you get that corroded/cauterized hull effect on the ship). It's a messy procedure at first but after a little practise you can make some really neat effects!

A quick example is attached, all I did was make a primitive with several cuts, and used the jitter effect. After that, I intersected the front of the ship with the new primitive to make it look like the hull was torn into, and rearranged the 'broken' parts. With a larger ship like the Connie, you could easily replicate the TWOK damage or even the way BC does damage.

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #671 on: September 20, 2010, 08:48:39 AM »
A bit complex and not understandable to me, but Ill try ;) Thanks :)
EDIT:
dude, too difficult to me. I know only to cut holes into the hull and make somekind of a stupid damage, and to add textured particles but yours is to difficult, or to be exact, maybe my poor English skills are the problem :(

Offline Toa_Kaita

• Cookies: 58
  • Aspiring 3D Animator and Music Composer
    • Current Project - Earth-Link Origins
« Reply #672 on: September 20, 2010, 11:34:16 AM »
How about this tutorial then? I dont know how to apply it to certain parts of models, but it's still pretty cool.

http://www.3dm3.com/tutorials/hulldamage/

Offline Villain

« Reply #673 on: September 20, 2010, 11:44:32 AM »
That's pretty neat!

---
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Toa_Kaita

« Reply #674 on: September 20, 2010, 11:03:16 PM »
Isnt it? :D

And now for something basic, but pretty. (Final Flares FTW.)

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #675 on: September 22, 2010, 03:38:23 AM »
Ive made the damage materials, but now, how to map them? I remmember somthing like drawer. You choose a material and after that, you draw over the model, but Ive never used it, because I don't know where it is :(
Toa_Kaita, make the athmosphere smoother and a bit smaller :) Then it will be awesome :)

Offline Villain

« Reply #676 on: September 22, 2010, 08:23:46 AM »
Agreed, if the atmosphere was a little lower I'd probably have to steal it for a desktop.  :funny

---

Offline Toa_Kaita

« Reply #677 on: September 22, 2010, 05:42:17 PM »
@vlad, Thats something Ill have to take a look into. If I find anything on it Ill tell ya.

And I agree with you both that something about the atmosphere was off, something Ill adjust tonight.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #678 on: September 23, 2010, 06:26:34 PM »
Gods, guys, get back on topic already and stop this childish debate.

On that note.... a bit of interior design I've been plucking at:

I always like to see new interior sets, how much are you going to do?

Offline Creative Inc

• Cookies: 11
« Reply #679 on: September 23, 2010, 09:44:48 PM »
Latest render.