Author Topic: Redragon's BOP Bridge WIP - Scripting/Animation issues  (Read 7602 times)

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
Re: Redragon's BOP Bridge - Rotarran Bridge Retexturing WIP
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2008, 02:04:20 PM »
it looks very good, but does that XO have to be standing, it might cause the animition to look funny. [I know it was like that in the movie].
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2008, 02:14:16 PM »
What do you mean? Saffi stood on the ST:III bop bridge and it didn't look bad.

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2008, 02:14:58 PM »
it looks very good, but does that XO have to be standing, it might cause the animition to look funny. [I know it was like that in the movie].

XO is just a textured 3DS figure I added into mesh to give sense of bridge scale.  Unfortunately can't figure out way to mod it to sitting position!  

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2008, 05:03:58 PM »
Big problem as said already is how to get to export to BC without version 3 or 4. 

I can probably help you there. I have Max 3 installed.

Unfortunately can't figure out way to mod it to sitting position!  

Cut across at the knees and waist? Like this:

|
|
|__
     |
     |
MUSE!!!

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2008, 05:33:18 AM »
Big problem as said already is how to get to export to BC without version 3 or 4. 

I can probably help you there. I have Max 3 installed.

Many thanks for  offer  :D   Can you let me know what I need to do?   

Unfortunately can't figure out way to mod it to sitting position!  

Cut across at the knees and waist? Like this:

|
|
|__
     |
     |

LMAO.  Did try that, looked kinda silly. 

Hopefully if I can get this bridge to work, very keen to do others:   BoP movie variants, IKC Amar,  Vorcha and Neghvar.  And a shuttle. 

Offline limey BSc.

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2008, 06:44:15 AM »

Hopefully if I can get this bridge to work, very keen to do others:   BoP movie variants, IKC Amar,  Vorcha and Neghvar.  And a shuttle. 

You could always create a skeleton and place that in. It's only to show a sense of scale, right?
MUSE!!!

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2008, 07:59:29 AM »
very keen to do others
that's what we love to hear! :D

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2008, 11:36:45 AM »

You could always create a skeleton and place that in. It's only to show a sense of scale, right?

:D  Think I'll just take one step at a time!   BTW, my response to your kind v3 offer got mixed up in quotes of last msg.  Just wanted to say thanks for export offer, and let me know what you need from me.  Like I said, and in response to Jimmy, keen to learn as much of the whole bridge process as I can so I can crack on with others.   

jb76 edit - in order to obtain that program for yourself, you would have to purchase it legally...  any other method of acquiring it would be considered illegal and cannot be discussed on the forums...

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2008, 02:18:56 PM »
Well folks, looks like this and other bridges will have to go on hiatus till I can sort out export problems.  Shame... thought there would be more interest.  Couple of posts on recent topics seem to lament lack of alien bridges.  Ah well.  Can always go back to retexturing...

Offline andyp

• Cookies: 28
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2008, 03:12:20 PM »
there is plenty of interest out there, i would love for this bridge, what are some of the export problems that you are encountering?
You may know me as Batoy853 elsewhere...

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2008, 06:44:15 PM »
Well folks, looks like this and other bridges will have to go on hiatus till I can sort out export problems.  Shame... thought there would be more interest.  Couple of posts on recent topics seem to lament lack of alien bridges.  Ah well.  Can always go back to retexturing...
Shame, there is indeed intrest, but if you feel you need a rest so be it, we'll just have to wait Longer :(
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2008, 07:30:16 PM »
indeed - please never misunderstand lack of feedback means lack of interest...  sometimes, people may not have much to say, but that doesnt mean alot of people wouldnt be interested...

as far as your exporting issues, can you post again what it is you need that you dont have?  perhaps someone out there has the program, which you give the files to them, and they can help with the exporting...   i had to edit out the sentence in your post because of what you had posted directly...

PJCham

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2008, 01:00:39 PM »
indeed - please never misunderstand lack of feedback means lack of interest...  sometimes, people may not have much to say, but that doesnt mean alot of people wouldnt be interested...

:arrow: Yeah, that. Also, whenever I post, I lose my placeholder for reading the forum.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2008, 07:59:12 AM »
So here's where it's at:  bridge model and textures still need refining, but hope at good enough stage to try and see if/how works and looks ingame to judge what needs work.   What I can't do is export (from latest Max) to NIF format and don't have Max v3.   I think I have to lightmap/bake textures anyway before exporting (joy)  so any advice/links to tutorials welcome.  Think I understand principle.  However, with holidays etc probably won't be ready to recommence until new year anyway. But thanks for encouragement from other alien bridge fans.  :D  I really want this bridge in BC and Excalibur  and I'd like to do other non-Fed ones.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2008, 08:43:06 AM »
Just a moronic techy question for likes of Mleo;  I was looking through the SDK, and just curious why the STBCExporter.dlu in Tools (the Max plugin) doesn't work with later Max versions than 3.1.   Or does it?   Has anyone tried?   All the ArtInfo doc says is * Models were exported using the STBCExporter plugin (STBCExporter.dlu placed in Max's "plugins" folder). Be sure "export textures separately" and "keep original texture names" is checked * 

Sorry... just trying to get my head around the exporting quandry. Have read back through previous postings on this issue but it's all a bit sketchy and piecemeal. 

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2009, 09:52:39 AM »
Just an update to apologise for no update!   I'm in process of moving/new work so sadly have to put this on ice for couple of months or so.  I know there's interest so will return to it when I can, and apologise to anyone looking forward to it.   In the meantime, any further advice/tips re: exporting from ANY version of Max most welcome.  Pls feel free to msg or pm.   Good news is firehawk and others retexturing work, so even if no bonafide Rotarran model to command from at least we'll have some new alien bridges to play with!   at last  :D   Thanks for all help and support so far. 

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2009, 11:51:16 AM »
No, the included max plugin won't work with anything other than Max3.1, some have managed to get it to work in Max4. But that would require addtional work to make the resulting nif file valid for BC (utility no-longer found I think).
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2009, 01:47:48 PM »
Thanks for clarification, Mleo.   Pretty much as suspected  :)   When I get back to working on bridge, situation still as before: need someone with Max 3 who I can send my bridge files to.   

Offline andyp

• Cookies: 28
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2009, 12:45:41 AM »
ok i jsut want to double check something,
the issue you are havign is exporting it from max into the nif format correct?
if that is the case you could export it into a format that some one else could use and then they could import it into their program and then export it into nif.

i use blender i believe i have a nif import/export function on it.
You may know me as Batoy853 elsewhere...

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2009, 12:59:01 AM »
The main issue with ingame use is not simply exporting it, but getting everything done required for it to work. As has been said before, you will need the animations, light mapping, and scripting done in addition to the basic textures and model.