Author Topic: Need help creating a ship plugin.  (Read 948 times)

Offline dEjavU

• Cookies: 3
Need help creating a ship plugin.
« on: November 24, 2008, 01:27:51 AM »
I'm updating my klingon fleet cause all I have in my installment is the Vorcha class and the Bird of Prey also being that I plan to update each race with their own dreadnought class vessel and this Negh'var would be perfect for the Klingon race. I need help installing this Negh'var ship from the Starforce Production Team as the installation section on the read me file wasn't that clear for us noob's to grasp. This is all that's written for installing this mod....

Instalation instrections vary due to different versions of modpacker being used, but here's what you do on most of them:

1) put the data and scripts folders into your BC direcotry and overwrite.
2) if your card cannot handel a high res texture, repalce with the low res from the low res folder.
3) go to new ships screen in mod packer, select MPneghvar from your list and add it.
4) have fun!

..my BC intallment contains the BCSMC(updated Foundation files), the official patch 1.1, Nano FX, and Elminter's Common Weapons Pack. I've already gone ahead and installed all the files from this mods .rar file but it doesn't seem to have a file that's supposed to go in the Custom/ships folder so that it will show up in the quick battles ship selection menu. What do I do....please anyone?

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
Re: Need help creating a ship plugin.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 01:45:58 AM »
the mod packer is an old program that could install ships, in a similar fashion to BCSMC, so BCSMC can be used instead.
1.Open BCSMC, it should look something like the attached picture. (you may have more boxes if you have any of the options at the bottom checked but this is the minimum setting)
2.Browse to the different files that the first two boxes ask you for, the "?" button will tell you which ones go in each box. on the ship name name box type the name you want the game to display for your ship (i.e. Neg'var) then in the Menu Group Box, select the Race menu you want from the drop down list (i.e. Klingon Ships), You can also type a custom menu name here (i.e. Future Ships).  you can leave the Ship Description box empty, or type whatever you want, that tells the game what to print in the Description Box on the QB screen.
3.Click Create Ship Plugin.  There you go.

Note: by default the program will create your plugin in it's own root folder, so if you didn't install BCSMC in your BC folder then you need to move the plugin to the correct place.

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 03:31:56 AM »
Note: by default the program will create your plugin in it's own root folder, so if you didn't install BCSMC in your BC folder then you need to move the plugin to the correct place.

Or after installing it elsewhere you go to BCSMC -> BCSMC Options and click on the "Detect" button so it will save the plugins in the BC install\scripts\custom\ships.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline dEjavU

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 04:33:08 AM »
OMG! Thank you!!! So that's what these are for and what the term plug in means, it's great cause all I've been using this program for lately was just to un pack things and I had no other real use for it until now. Oh man this program rocks!! Okay I got the ship in-game, beautiful! a little too much purple on the hull designs but I could fix that, A million thanks guys!!