Author Topic: Hello and new homepage  (Read 1139 times)

Offline Banbury

• Cookies: 17
    • Banbury's Home
Hello and new homepage
« on: December 01, 2008, 05:20:12 PM »
Hi,
when I was looking for some Star Trek related info, I discovered that the BC community is still alive and kicking. So I decided to register and say hello.

Hello!

For those young whippersnappers, who don't know who I am, I have the distinction to have written the very first Python script mod (which changed the color of the Romulan torpedos to green)  8).
I have to say, that I'm tempted to have a look at all the new and exciting mods I have seen on this forum. I decidedly wish I had more free time :(.
But since there is still so much interest in BC, I decided to plug my new homepage. I have uploaded the last version of Quickbattle Replacement and my 3 ship mods (and some other non BC stuff). So if you want to see how mods where done in the olden days, here's your chance :).

I hope BC will be modded for a long time from now. Have fun.

Greetings

Banbury

http://banbury.110mb.com/

jb76 edit - added link to site page
B.A.N.B.U.R.Y.: Biomechanical Artificial Neohuman Built for Ultimate Repair and Yelling

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Hello and new homepage
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 05:29:19 PM »
You have already mentioned QBR.

But for some more credit, this, Banbury, is the guy that made Foundation possible without editing files to add a mod, aside from copying files.

Welcome to the forum!
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
  • JL Studios - Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 05:42:39 PM »
Have a cookie for your awesomeness :D

Also, it's a bit of a bad plug for a website if you don't even provide a link :P
MUSE!!!

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 05:46:52 PM »
heya Banbury!
glad to see ya here!  :D

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 05:47:36 PM »
Also, it's a bit of a bad plug for a website if you don't even provide a link :P
It's called "profile". ;)
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Adonis

• Ze Meister xP
  • Cookies: 84
  • Da Death Squad ???
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 06:12:00 PM »
Welcome back to the fray Banbury :)
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

Offline Banbury

• Banbury's Home
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 02:57:20 AM »
Thanks for the hearty welcome and the cookies.

And I would have provided a link to my homepage, if it weren't for that meddling low post count.  :)
B.A.N.B.U.R.Y.: Biomechanical Artificial Neohuman Built for Ultimate Repair and Yelling

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 07:28:23 AM »
Ah, thats to protect us from spam posts, if you PM it to a member of staff they can add it to your 1st post for you.

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 08:30:50 AM »
Hello agian, good to see you here, I just Love QBR, sure makes things a-touch easier. [cookie, just because, I respect my elders-betters]

However there is a problem [ it has been a VERY long time , since I saw this error , back in the days of DOS6.1, now there I go and date myself],  I downloaded your protector, I was intrested in compareing this one to the one you did in 2002, but I got the error 'Please insert the last disk of the Multi-Volume set and click OK to continue" [easy to do]
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 10:17:48 AM »
Ah, thats to protect us from spam posts, if you PM it to a member of staff they can add it to your 1st post for you.
ive gone ahead and added it to the first post...

Banbury - you should add Random Encounters to your site as well...  i have always been a huge fan of that mod, and have used it many times since you released it...  :)

Offline Banbury

• Banbury's Home
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 04:07:57 PM »
However there is a problem [ it has been a VERY long time , since I saw this error , back in the days of DOS6.1, now there I go and date myself],  I downloaded your protector, I was intrested in compareing this one to the one you did in 2002, but I got the error 'Please insert the last disk of the Multi-Volume set and click OK to continue" [easy to do]

Well you didn't miss anything important, since the version of the Protector on my site is exactly the same as the 2002 version. But I will have a look at the Zip-file.

ive gone ahead and added it to the first post...

Banbury - you should add Random Encounters to your site as well...  i have always been a huge fan of that mod, and have used it many times since you released it...  :)

Thanks for adding the link.
And I am genuinely touched. I think you are the first person, who acknowledged playing Random Encounters. I had bigger plans with that mod, which I abandonded due to a total lack of feedback. I'm happy that at least someone actually liked it. If I can find the files I will upload them.

Update: I found the files and uploaded them.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 04:12:22 PM »
And I am genuinely touched. I think you are the first person, who acknowledged playing Random Encounters. I had bigger plans with that mod, which I abandonded due to a total lack of feedback. I'm happy that at least someone actually liked it.
absolutely -  i have always very much enjoyed that mod!  i wish i had given alot more feedback while i had the chance, when you had bigger plans for it!  perhaps someday youll get bored and pick it up again and apply those bigger plans? lol j/k :P
but indeed - that mod has gotten heavy use in my install since the day you released it :)

Offline cordanilus

• Cookies: 608
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 06:13:35 PM »
Have a cookie good sir. :D  Kick up your feet and stick around a while.  Random Encounters is always a good mod to have in my install.

You know, I was just thinking about that random encounters...it could be used to import enemy fleets and allied fleets continuously.  Just a thought, since I'm no scripter.  But that could be an idea, enter a system and stumble upon a fleet battle.  lol

Anyway, enough of that.  Enjoy your cookie. :D

Offline Rob Archer

• Cookies: 545
  • New Frontier MKVI
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2008, 05:42:02 PM »
:worship

welcome to BCC

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2008, 11:19:27 AM »
O still got you Protector, [Ive always liked that design, since I saw the Movie].
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?