Author Topic: Nebula Bridge Retexture - Romulan Warbird Bridge  (Read 8805 times)

firehawk

Nebula Bridge Retexture - Romulan Warbird Bridge
« on: December 10, 2008, 05:58:58 PM »
I was watching DS9 today and it was the episode "The Die Is Cast" I noticed the Warbird bridge is none other than a redress of the Saratoga/Nebula bridge as can be seen in the bridge layouts below.. who'd like to see a Warbird bridge retexture?

intrepid90

Re: Nebula Bridge Retexture - Romulan Warbird Bridge
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 06:07:29 PM »
we can never have enough bridges in BC, so do it ;)
I'm definately curious what you come up with

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 10:07:59 PM »
actually you are about 6 years too late.  Bridge god Viper did that exact bridge years ago.  unfortunately it was buggy and never updated with the rest of the bridges.  not to mention that it apparently no longer exists. So if you can do it, go right ahead.

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 537
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 07:09:59 AM »
who'd like to see a Warbird bridge retexture?
I'd like to.
TaH pagh, Tah be.

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 08:23:34 AM »
I personally would like one too, but is there a nebula bridge [I bet there is , I just haven't checked yet]
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 08:33:15 AM »
Bridge god Viper did that exact bridge years ago.
actually that was Occas, back in the Dreamyards days ;)

Offline NeoKaede

• Cookies: 4
  • We're watching you... scum.
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 08:52:29 AM »
Bridge god Viper did that exact bridge years ago.
actually that was Occas, back in the Dreamyards days ;)

Ah, one of the first mods I tried, along with the Churchill :D

firehawk

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 10:20:32 AM »
remember its my first large scale project so be nice and the dedication plaque..if you can read romulan script says its the Khazara from "Face of the Enemy"

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 10:45:42 AM »
ive merged the thread that was just made into the other one that was already there, since they are both about the same thing...

as far as the retexture, not bad at all - i like what youve done :)

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 12:43:42 PM »
Hmmm, I would look more closely at screen caps and the picture you posted above to get more canon lcars. Right now, these lcars look more like greener TMP lcars than romulan.

firehawk

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 03:57:12 PM »
well to be honest they aren't just Greener TMP ICARS i tried to make em look a lil different (so it wasn't as obvious )

But to be honest I always found that the Romulan ICARS tended to look like a cross between greener TMP ICARS and TNG/DS9 era Klingon ICARS

for some reason you never ever got a decentlook at em, not even in The Die is Cast OR in Nemesis, in Nemesis its mostly Reman..which for some reason seems to be completely different

but apart from that...what you think?

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 05:44:42 AM »
well to be honest they aren't just Greener TMP ICARS i tried to make em look a lil different (so it wasn't as obvious )

But to be honest I always found that the Romulan ICARS tended to look like a cross between greener TMP ICARS and TNG/DS9 era Klingon ICARS

for some reason you never ever got a decentlook at em, not even in The Die is Cast OR in Nemesis, in Nemesis its mostly Reman..which for some reason seems to be completely different

I don't wan't to offend you but you're all wrong I must say :( ...
these displays look completely wrong, if you wan't really good retexture you should try to make all new displays, romulan style displays as they were more trapezoid squared shapes, they had sharp edges and were green with some white/faint yellow and pinkish accents.
Check out some Elite Force 2 materials, there should be some examples on EF2Files.com... there is even Sovereign bridge retexture with really good Romulan displays from EF2 tho they're low res.

As for now it look promising but displays ruins it.

firehawk

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2008, 08:31:30 AM »

I don't wan't to offend you but you're all wrong I must say :( ...
these displays look completely wrong, if you wan't really good retexture you should try to make all new displays, romulan style displays as they were more trapezoid squared shapes, they had sharp edges and were green with some white/faint yellow and pinkish accents.
Check out some Elite Force 2 materials, there should be some examples on EF2Files.com... there is even Sovereign bridge retexture with really good Romulan displays from EF2 tho they're low res.

As for now it look promising but displays ruins it.

not good at making full new displays..but if someone else can i'd be happy (its the low res nebula I retextured for ICARS placement reference )

though I like the large Romulan crest instead of a MSD..it seems more in keeping with the Romulans plus an MSD ties it to one class of ship..this can be used for any Romulan Ship

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2008, 08:49:26 AM »
The Large rommie crest, does fit in to MO of the romulan empire.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2008, 11:53:48 AM »
yeah I agree with both of ya, crest looks cool at the back and MSD kinda suits for Feds the best IMO...

If I had time I'd offer my help in making new romulan displays but since I'm unable to finish my projects not to mention starting new ;) pity cuz I like the idea of this retexture... we don't get many non Fed stuff when it comes to bridge modding these days  :)

firehawk

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2008, 06:19:33 PM »
yeah I agree with both of ya, crest looks cool at the back and MSD kinda suits for Feds the best IMO...

If I had time I'd offer my help in making new romulan displays but since I'm unable to finish my projects not to mention starting new ;) pity cuz I like the idea of this retexture... we don't get many non Fed stuff when it comes to bridge modding these days  :)

what I do..when it comes to Alien bridges..is look at the tv shows and see how they redesign current bridges..like you could make a decent Klingon bridge from retexturing the defiant bridge or eventhe galor bridge..because The Klingon Bridge in the Voyager episode where they meet the klingons who believe B'Elannas daughter is the chosen one.they actually use parts of the defiant bridge..they just refit it with klingon Icars and lighting so it could be done as a retexture (I know its being done as a new bridge too..but an alternative klingon bridge..maybe it could be a d7/K'tinga bridge )

i mean thts why I used the nebula..it was used as a set in the series as a romulan

the ST3 klingon bridge could maybe be a cardassian bridge..or maybe the ambassador as the galor..or..it would take massive work but the NX bridge (it has lots of exposed struts n stuff like ds9's ops ) or even the tos bridge

I doubt a Jem Hadar bridge wll ever be done though

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2008, 11:28:15 PM »
I don't think the problem is your use of the nebula bridge, the similarities are obvious enough. The problem with the retexture is that the lcars do not have a distinct romulan feel and, as I pointed out, are easily recognized as being recolored TMP lcars.

Offline Rusty0918

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2008, 03:04:10 AM »
I think someone tried to make a version of this bridge at an earlier time

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 537
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2008, 05:37:49 AM »
Here's some reference about romulan LCARS (of how they call their LCARS):

&feature=related
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/star-trek-starfleet-command/screenshots/gameShotId,12209/

I'll also send you some interface screenies from Klingon Academy as reference.
TaH pagh, Tah be.

firehawk

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2008, 07:04:08 AM »
well..i did an attempt myelf..not canon..but theres a few types of icars for romulans..never the same..th eones of face of th enemy diffrerent from die is cast and the ones on Donatras wrabird in nemesis are different yet again..so i made some up..and the stations are labeled in romulan