Author Topic: Bridge retexturing Ideas...  (Read 814 times)

firehawk

Bridge retexturing Ideas...
« on: December 21, 2008, 06:19:13 PM »
you know i been only on here for a few weeks..but i'd like to think i have some interesting ideas.

you see, I hve always had a thing for bridge asthetics and i wish to share ideas with you all..some i may take up myself..others i may inspire to try yourself

I noticed there is an early tng generic bridge..and Barihawk is doing wonderful creating others..but I wanna maybe give you ideas on what retextures you can do to other bridges

Late TNG/early DS9 bridge..well asthe Saratoga, Prometheus (nebula class one that is) ad the Odyssey all used the same set design onscreen..the Nebula Bridge is the obvious choice I have done a quickversion i may release

late DS9 voyager era generic I'd say the prommie bridge..why? well theset was used as the prommie and the Equinox for one..plus froma design standpoint..i think in the defiant , enterprise e and voyager you saw a trend away from the Enterprise D styleconn ops station design and the Prommie bidge is one of the few modern bridges that has a different style of stations there

Cardassian Bridges,the Star Trek 3 BoP bridge appeals to the whole thng of the normal crw having to look up to theGul and him dominating the bridge in a manner the ds9 capains office looked over the rest of ops..also te nx bridge..cardassia design aspointed out in ds9..cardassians like to show every strut and rivet..etc and the nx bridge is very industrial looking

Klingon Bridges... the Defiiant bridge heavily retextured would be a passable klingon bridge

Romulan..already covered :lol:

though for a personal thing i done ageneric bridge for the ships like the centaur, oberths and late model mirandas using the enterprise b bridge.as its different from the constitution and the standard excelsior designs

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
Re: Bridge retexturing Ideas...
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 09:20:31 PM »
As far as the generics go, I will be doing more eras, I just haven't gotten around to them, yet.

As for a Saritoga, I might take a second try at that after the MidTNG is done, it's just not high on my priorities as the Nebula is very difficult to work with. You yourself should know that well. That's why I gave up on it in the first place, just too difficult to work with.

Late TNG is not a priority as to be honest LCARS changed very little over that time period. I would have to learn how do do active LCARS on that, as the only difference is the red panels at condition red.

As for ideas, just do them yourself. That's the best way to learn and refine. Take your time, however. Too much too quickly can lead to degridation in quality.