Author Topic: The FoaS Bridge thread... Create-A-Set system started  (Read 9297 times)

firehawk

Re: Considering doing a quick bridge model... advice?
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2008, 06:17:16 PM »
Okay folks, One more thing.

I'm looking for accurate or semi-accurate schematics of corridors from the TMP era, as well as the Sovereign-type corridors. I have plenty of screenshots, but I'm looking for good blueprints of things.

well..the TMP corridors were similar to TNG ones as in 5 and 6 they used Next Generation corridors for the TMP ships, though they tended to use the more angled corridors..the kinda hexagonal shaped ones with some pipes n stuff overhead

Offline Furyofaseraph

• The FoaS
  • Cookies: 49
    • Robinomicon
Re: Considering doing a quick bridge model... advice?
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2008, 03:22:39 AM »
Well, i see the geometry of it, but I'm looking for any sort of schematics that anyone might have, Especially when it comes to doorways, and and anything with a scale.

"FoaSize (faux-uh-size): To seduce at an alarming rate with lots of blue and orange." ~ Firedrake

Offline Furyofaseraph

• The FoaS
    • Robinomicon
Re: The FoaS bridge Thread.
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2009, 01:47:27 PM »
Wow - ressurecting an old thread.

I have a new version in the works - this time I plan on it being a rather modular TMP bridge system. Example - I just finished up the floor objects. These can be swapped about to make different modules.

Mostly everything on the walls and what not will be done as 30-degree panels. The roof will be like the floor and just be swappable objects. Railings will also be segmented into 30 degree parts so you can rotate them and have them sit perfectly.

EDIT:
Does anyone have a good shot of the excelsior bridge? specifically I am looking for the set of support struts with the triangular cut outs.

"FoaSize (faux-uh-size): To seduce at an alarming rate with lots of blue and orange." ~ Firedrake

Offline Furyofaseraph

• The FoaS
    • Robinomicon
Re: The FoaS Bridge thread.
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2009, 08:24:43 PM »
Come on guys, where's the love? :-P

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2009, 09:07:01 PM »
very cool
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Furyofaseraph

• The FoaS
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2009, 11:54:49 PM »
Thanks Neb :-).

I got all three support pylons modelled, and I have a decent railing system in place (though, it lacks the stands, but thats next). Please ignore the colors, as I have color-coded them for my own use for the time being.

btw, where is everyone?

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2009, 08:48:19 AM »
hopefully this one will get past the model phase and all the other phases it takes to get a working bridge ingame...
hundreds of bridge models have been built for BC in the past 6 or 7 years, but they never really get further than that...

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2009, 08:54:09 AM »
hopefully this one will get past the model phase and all the other phases it takes to get a working bridge ingame...
hundreds of bridge models have been built for BC in the past 6 or 7 years, but they never really get further than that...

My TMP bridge has moved into the game just have to figure out how to move the crew positions so they are sitting in their seats.
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline Furyofaseraph

• The FoaS
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2009, 12:04:17 PM »

Well, as I've said - I know next to nothing about conversion to BC, so :-/. But, I plan on distributing the raw MAX file so that people can do what they please with the sets, including convert it to BC.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2009, 12:08:35 PM »

My TMP bridge has moved into the game just have to figure out how to move the crew positions so they are sitting in their seats.
animations can be tricky, but i might be able to help with that...  ill look for you on MSN and perhaps we can get over that hurdle...

Offline Furyofaseraph

• The FoaS
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2009, 12:42:30 PM »
Sounds good, but thats at least a few days away. I still have loads of parts to make, and texturing to do.

Got a cieling done - next is the TMP-style cieling.

EDIT: Added TMP-style cieling.

Offline Shino Tenshi

• NG|mods Founder
  • Cookies: 23
  • Aw, man...
    • NG|mods website
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2009, 03:37:49 PM »
oh, cool!  :shock:

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2009, 07:24:37 PM »
I love that TMP ceiling :) looks great so far

Offline Furyofaseraph

• The FoaS
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2009, 07:33:51 PM »
thank you thank you :-).

Here's a shot of the TMP-style console. I'm actually going to lean more towards TWOK as far as layout of panels go Reason being, I don't want to have to have shapes cross over between the pie-pieces.

EDIT: I tihnk I'm going to redo that panel, it looks like the hooded display areas aren't wide enough.

Second Edit: Added the render of the new TMP/TWOK-style wall pie-slice. It looks better and its so much cleaner. I'm anal about verts lining up and the last version bothered me.

Third Edit: TMP Viewscreen, Turbolift, and Tactical Station

Offline Furyofaseraph

• The FoaS
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2009, 01:50:27 PM »
Bump plus another render. The TMP-Styled stuff is just about done. Yes, its not canon, but since when have I restricted myself to canon  :D

Offline Darran

• Cookies: 19
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2009, 03:58:46 PM »
Cannon Enough, tis le awsomeness

Offline Furyofaseraph

• The FoaS
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2009, 11:46:48 AM »
The Undiscovered Country version is in progress :-D

Offline Shino Tenshi

• NG|mods Founder
  • Cookies: 23
  • Aw, man...
    • NG|mods website
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2009, 11:55:00 AM »
great! :D

Offline Furyofaseraph

• The FoaS
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2009, 05:28:03 PM »
Chairs - so far. A little poly intensive at the moment, but I'm going to be running down the counts much as I can.

Edit: finished the line of chairs.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2009, 07:46:09 PM »
Those are among the best chair models i've seen actually. They may be a little on the "high" poly side, but I don't care. Those chairs look great as they are.
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera