Author Topic: looking for some everything.....  (Read 488 times)

Offline Cmdr. Madden

• Cookies: 0
  • does it look like i need my leg pulled?
looking for some everything.....
« on: December 28, 2008, 12:34:29 PM »
I'm currently sitting on a couple of designs, one in particular that I want to get out there. The thing is though, I suck at ship making. not only because I lack the fundamentals of the art, but also because my computer sucks and can barely run  office 2007 without slowing down for 10 minutes while it loads. Besides, there are plenty more experienced people running out of ideas that could have their talents put to use and create something spectacular.

So here it is, If you are interested in throwing something together, PM me because I always have ideas.
All I ask is that I be included in the readme as the designer/creator/ideas man thing.

also if you're looking for a writer (back stories/missions/etc...) lemme know.

Cmdr. Madden
does this thing ever get old? seriously.... i've been here for ever and nothing new happened. this must be purgatory

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Re: looking for some everything.....
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 01:28:12 PM »
Besides, there are plenty more experienced people running out of ideas
i dunno about that; from what i have observed for a long while now, it is in fact just the unfortunate opposite lol
pretty much every BC modder is generally busy and back-loaded with their own projects and work... 
in all honesty, very rare is it that someone asks generally for ideas they could do, or that someone pitches their idea and someone else picks it up... 
but i have seen it happen tho, even if rarely...

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 03:40:34 PM »
Besides, there are plenty more experienced people running out of ideas
i dunno about that; from what i have observed for a long while now, it is in fact just the unfortunate opposite lol
pretty much every BC modder is generally busy and back-loaded with their own projects and work... 
in all honesty, very rare is it that someone asks generally for ideas they could do, or that someone pitches their idea and someone else picks it up... 
but i have seen it happen tho, even if rarely...

twice in the past year by my count; amongst countless requests.

Modders are, unfortunately, almost always back-logged with their OWN projects, let alone projects being worked on for others. Best of luck to you, but do be warned that the chances of you finding a modder here who has the time to take on more projects is immensely thin... :(

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 03:46:35 PM »
It's an iherent flaw in the community. If more people took up projects the community wanted it'd be so much better. Delta quad mods? Didn't I say that back in 2003-4 when BC was twice what it is today? It's finally getting done and half the community has moved on to other games. It's a shame it took so long for people to see the light infront of their faces.
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Nihydron_Warship;23913  DUH! Look at the date. It should have been done then.

I think people need to start looking at what these requests are and what the community has been begging for for years instead of throwing out yet another ship from a brand new era with no enemy ships in it.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129