Author Topic: Looking for the ATP 3 and NanoFX 2 Fix  (Read 903 times)

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
Looking for the ATP 3 and NanoFX 2 Fix
« on: December 28, 2008, 05:04:07 PM »
Way back a few years ago there was a thread on the filefront forums that explained how to get ATP 3 (from the MPMP) and NanoFX 2 working together.  I can't seem to find it anymore.  Does anyone know how to get them working together?  Before someone says anything, yes I know about FTech and it being the "next generation of ATP" and although FTech is great, I'd just like to have ATP working in my "old mod" install as a matter of personal preference.  Thanks.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Looking for the ATP 3 and NanoFX 2 Fix
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 06:03:20 PM »
I know about ATP1/2 with (any) NanoFX.
I also know about a partial ATP emulator in FoundationTechnologies (FTech).
Both by me actually. :S

Are you getting a black screen, or the debug console when you go out of warp?

I do believe there was an issue with the specific version of ATP3 and NanoFXv2. But if I remember correctly, only if you installed NanoFXv2Beta after ATP3.
Can you give me a console report of the problem? I'll be able to fix it.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Morgan

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 08:25:33 PM »
What I remember is that you had to add a couple of lines into some of the ATP .py files to make it and NFX2 work together (the issue was you had to either chose the mutator for NFX or ATP, and adding some lines to the .py's fixed this).  I just don't remember what lines to add to the files.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 06:54:13 AM »
That isn't ATP3, that's ATP2 and 1.
Look in the scripting forum for one of my (older) threads.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Morgan

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 11:09:56 AM »
I found it and it helped thanks Mleo.  I keep two installs for BC (1 for SP and 1 for QB which uses all the new, good stuff, including your FTech :) ) But even my SP version needs a lil bit of something and ATP doesn't really mess with it...