Author Topic: removing duplicate mappings  (Read 404 times)

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
removing duplicate mappings
« on: December 30, 2008, 05:35:05 PM »
I am converting a model that will have the same texture listed 4 or 5 slots in a row. Now I've gone and used the "instance" feature in the material editor to combine all of them in one slot. However, the problem I am having is with killing the others in a way that makes them stay dead through an export. I can uncheck them, even using the X button on the material editor so no map is listed, but when I export and load the new mesh, all the duplicates are back and I am still stuck at 124 materials to change to tga. I can probably get rid of 20 or so of those..(damn KA models) but once I'ev instanced them, how do I REMOVE the extras permenently?
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
  • JL Studios - Co-Founder
Re: removing duplicate mappings
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 06:21:42 PM »
When you click the "X" do you click "Remove from both Material Editor and Scene" (or words to that effect).

The other option I can think of is remapping it all. Even if you can get rid of 50 of those textures, its still gonna kill BC.
MUSE!!!

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
Re: removing duplicate mappings
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 06:55:37 PM »
nah. The tagor's I did a while back got like 50 textures each on them. Plus a few duplicates.

I am afraid no matter what I do nothing I do in the material editor is being saved. I ujust can't force amx to delete them.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129