Author Topic: Just curious-starbase stats (plus help wanted with lighting a retex's)  (Read 573 times)

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
Whats appropriate for starbase shields these days? 150k?

I am going to be doing some bases and am curious what would stand up to a small fleet. Additionaly, I need some help with some of the bases. A couple are fine the way they are but have no lighting done on them, while others have basic textures that are just an off color of green and could use some detailing. I have permissions to "modify away" so sky's the limit.

They are lower end as far as poly, so there's alot of room to really crank up the textures. Bases/items include:

1 Romulan shipyard (which could also be retextured to serve klingon and possible cardassian)
2x Automated defense stations (small stations loaded with weapons)
1x Romulan spy satalite (sensor station)
1 birds nest (combination shipyard base) supply outpost
2 msc starbases
1 Romulan outpost
1 Large romulan starbase
+ Vorexus class warbird (a valdor styled warship)
Romulan freight and ore processing depot (uh..the A2 mining station remake)

1 Klingon battlestation (large enough to launch kvorts or vorchas)
1 Klingon supply station (combination yard/base capable of docking a neghvar broadside, and several of them)
Batleth class super battleship
Kbanger (an assult ship, needs texture upgrades)

The klingons and both of the starships just need lighting.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline MarkyD

• Cookies: 627
  • "A mesh comes together!"
Re: Just curious-starbase stats (plus help wanted with lighting a retex's)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 11:02:16 AM »
Its a nice klink, looks kinda low poly though... still looks good, not sure if it is for BC though  8)

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
Re: Just curious-starbase stats (plus help wanted with lighting a retex's)
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 12:51:09 PM »
Oh I intend to release them for BC, even if they are on the low end side. bases tend to lag BC anyways, because of their size, and the  textures on this and the remake of the armada 1 stock klingon bases are high enough res that some stuff could be filled into the empy spaces. I was half way tempted on getting a version of ravens house pannels from the E7 without backgrounds on them ( psd or something) and pasting the house pannel on one of the large pannels and a klingon symbol on the doors or a few places. If you look at what raven does with open space on his texture you'll notice quite alot of such open space to work with on that station above and the armada 1 base. Most ships and stations have a similar problem or could use to have their overall hue chnaged...simple modifications for most texture people, though I haven't a clue how to do these myself. I suspect most people with any decent experience could spiffy one of these up in an hr or 2. Most have only one or 2 textures with a couple having 4 or 5.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129