Author Topic: Galaxy/nebula bridge module !updated!  (Read 4815 times)

firehawk

Galaxy/nebula bridge module !updated!
« on: January 13, 2009, 11:39:44 AM »
I never cared much for the size of the Nebula bridge AS a nebula bridge..the ships saucer is basicly the same as the Galazys so they should have a bridge the same or similar to it..so I used the galaxy refit bridge and done a generic one that could be for a nebula OR a galaxy.i did it in a voyager-dominion war era way, Imade the main colour grey as well..the Enterprise was the flagship so was obviously a bit fancier in colour/decoration plus there was a big move away from beige on bridges.. so what ya think?

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
Re: Galaxy/nebula bridge module
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 12:10:23 PM »
I like it :P

Has a very military-feel to it. One small suggestion, would be to try and have some variation between the two forward consoles. Helm and Operations are likely not configured identically to one and other. If possible, I think black leather chairs for the command crew would look better, to match the black side-chairs on the bridge. Don't want to get "too much" grey to be honest.

+cookie
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Rat Boy

• Cookies: 6
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 01:01:57 PM »
Now you're making me reconsider my pick for the bridge of the Venture.
Writer, Star Trek: Yorktown - A saga of the 23rd Century

Coming soon, I hope

firehawk

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 06:37:15 PM »
well i made the command and conn/ops seats 2 toned black and grey and changed the ops console..what ya think?

as for the Venture wasn't that the one that came to ds9 in way of the warrior and was in alot of the dominion war fights..if so..oh yes this is the bridge for you

Offline Rat Boy

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 06:47:17 PM »
Actually, I had made a post in my Venture thread(s) (I'm spread out on a few sites) suggesting that this retexure could be the Venture bridge, but in hindsight I'm not all too crazy about the colors of the carpets, the walls and the ceiling lights, but the LCARS are great.  Your color palette is a lot more in line with what I had been picturing earlier.  Decisions, decisions...

Coming soon, I hope

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 06:50:29 PM »
This is awesome, this is exactly how I envisioned the bridge of my Beliskner too.  Perfect for a post dom war/nemesis Galaxy

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 07:02:29 PM »
nice subtle changes that make a nice difference, but you should consider tweaking the lightmaps a little.. try altering the lighting levels around the bridge to make a slightly darker feel for it (ala yesterdays enterprise maybe)

Also, try and find some different textures for the helm and conn, those consoles are a little bit overused (my early work included in that assessment)

firehawk

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 07:44:44 PM »
i did mess with the lightmaps..but it made it TOO dark in red alert

i tendto usethis one as my Nebula one more..but I do think that it suits the grey rather well

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 03:08:40 AM »

Not necessarily just darker.. you could make some areas lighter, some areas darker, and even change colours in some areas

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 03:41:54 AM »
I'd say take a peak at 3rd Era's Voyager bridge for more ideas on lighting and colour scheme; they really had it down pat imo [even though I think Voyager's bridge was much darker at Red Alert... :P] When not in an alert status, I'd argue that the bridge should have fuller light, and maybe have in some areas [like turbolift doorways or console alcoves] a sort of grating shadow cast from the ceiling [The Enterprise E and I THINK Yesterday's Enterprise both sported this feature... I always thought it was really really cool!]

Anywho, those're my two and a half cents. :3

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 10:08:53 AM »
This reminds me to stop slacking off and work on my stuff. Also, the two-tone chairs are amazing. I might have to experiment a bit with that.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 12:39:02 PM »
You know, I bashed something similar on the FC Excelsior bridge. I really should get round to posting it up here. Great work!
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Barihawk

• My Released Work
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 07:15:41 PM »

Not necessarily just darker.. you could make some areas lighter, some areas darker, and even change colours in some areas

Just adding on that using fan gradients really do help by giving you the best of both worlds with lightmaps. You can also adjust it to look like you have a light source and it really makes a difference as opposed to just a single color. Gradients are huge in that department :).

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 10:41:48 PM »
I really like this bridge texture change.  I especially like the command chairs.

Offline Rat Boy

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 01:18:14 PM »
I really like this bridge texture change.  I especially like the command chairs.

I agree.  The chairs remind me of my office chair.  I wish I knew about this before I started making those posts about the Venture bridge.  Now it looks like I'm going to flip-flop.

Coming soon, I hope

firehawk

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 02:58:54 PM »
heres some updates..i made the textures darker and less grayscale grey..its voyager bridge grey..plus i made the turbolift door alcovs look more padded-ish..i kept the 2 tone chairs..just drkened the lighter shade

firehawk

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 03:02:22 PM »

I agree.  The chairs remind me of my office chair.  I wish I knew about this before I started making those posts about the Venture bridge.  Now it looks like I'm going to flip-flop.

to be fair..i done the initial retexturing in an hour just for fun but liked it so much i put it on here

Offline Barihawk

• My Released Work
Re: Galaxy/nebula bridge module !updated!
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2009, 03:44:04 PM »
I would personally put a grill over the floor lights or bevel them a bit. I don't like huge solid light sources if I can avoid it. It adds to the detail level as well.

Offline Rat Boy

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 05:06:29 PM »
Would it be possible to see the bridge at green alert just to compare the lighting in both states?

Coming soon, I hope

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2009, 06:00:09 PM »
yeah, and could you make the tactical station a lighter grey, right now, the black kinda all blends together and makes it look like one big flat blob, I would suggest maybe a little darker then the helm stations