Author Topic: Generation Bridge in progress  (Read 2009 times)

Offline henrie85

• Adviser & Helper
  • Cookies: 3
  • Go Climb a Rock
Generation Bridge in progress
« on: January 24, 2009, 03:33:06 AM »
this is a generation galaxy class bridge that was made by tnpir4002. i asked his permission to convert this bridge to bridge commander. bridge was made threw bryce6 and stand at about 45000 poly at the moment but that will be change easily heres 2 pics of where the bridge stands
ps this is my first bridge that im gonna convert for bridge commander

Offline Shino Tenshi

• NG|mods Founder
  • Cookies: 23
  • Aw, man...
    • NG|mods website
Re: Generation Bridge in progress
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 05:05:55 AM »
Awesome!  :shock:
If you manage to get her working i'll make you swim in cookies!

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 08:16:04 AM »
that looks good
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline Augur89

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 08:21:25 AM »
wooooooooooooooooow         :D
it was very hard work to stop looking at these pictures.
This bridge is definately one of the most beautiful things, i've ever seen in Star Trek.
I am praying that you will manage to get this into Bridge Commander :)

Oh, i forgot: Have a cookie for showing us these pictures

Offline henrie85

• Adviser & Helper
  • Go Climb a Rock
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 09:05:54 AM »
has i was wrking on the bridge this morning i notice the poly count is beyond belief instead of 45k its 230k. heres a pic of ops and the con the pic is abit granny due to fast rendering

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 09:11:47 AM »
230k??  ouch lol   not good...

i asked his permission to convert this bridge to bridge commander.
exactly how are you going about doing this?  convert from what?  please elaborate?

Offline henrie85

• Adviser & Helper
  • Go Climb a Rock
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 09:15:17 AM »
230k??  ouch lol   not good...

i asked his permission to convert this bridge to bridge commander.
exactly how are you going about doing this?  convert from what?  please elaborate?

bryce 6 and right now i'm trying to figure out how to limit the poly

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 09:18:17 AM »
bryce 6?  hmmm  im not too familair what that...
but what exactly are you doing to convert this to BC from that?  do you know the process?  and then, once/if converted, do you know anything about the scripting, animating, and everything else?

Offline henrie85

• Adviser & Helper
  • Go Climb a Rock
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2009, 09:45:35 AM »
bryce 6?  hmmm  im not too familair what that...
but what exactly are you doing to convert this to BC from that?  do you know the process?  and then, once/if converted, do you know anything about the scripting, animating, and everything else?

all the fun questions. i've been fooling around with bridge commander for over 5 years script wise animating shouldn't be to hard and for bryce 6 somewhat similar to 3ds max but with less features. to covert this bridge from bryce 6 to tga will take an enormous time so right now i'm looking in to finding a program that will allow me to convert from bryce 6 to 3ds ect... feel free to pm me :D

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 10:12:08 AM »
I take it there are no textures? Then it might actually work. :P

If the dimensions are a bit similar, then you ought to be able to re-use the default Galaxy animations.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2009, 10:31:15 AM »
i've been fooling around with bridge commander for over 5 years script wise animating shouldn't be to hard
it is alot more tricky than you think, im sorry to say lol :P
only a handful of people in BC's entire history have been able to do it, in all honesty...  character scripts are alot of fun! lol

Offline henrie85

• Adviser & Helper
  • Go Climb a Rock
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2009, 10:49:44 AM »
i've been fooling around with bridge commander for over 5 years script wise animating shouldn't be to hard
only a handful of people in BC's entire history have been able to do it, in all honesty...  character scripts are alot of fun! lol

no apologies needed :D but eh!! if worst comes to worst il just open this bride to the more experienced but if anyone familiar with bryce feel free to drop me a line

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2009, 10:52:29 AM »

Doesn't Jimmy's optimism just warm your heart right up :lol:

LJ actually wrote a new character script for me a year or so ago that makes placement of the crew and stuff much easier.
MUSE!!!

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2009, 12:27:04 PM »
Doesn't Jimmy's optimism just warm your heart right up :lol:
i dont mean to sound pessimistic, i really dont lol  just giving a heads up...
it's just that, many many times (i cant even begin to count) i have seen so many people throughout the years attempt to have a go at bridge-making for BC, and as soon as they realize just how much goes into it and how much work it entails, and all the things they didnt know about or even consider, they give up...  99% of all proposed bridges unfortunately never get past the first few steps because alot of people really underestimate how difficult/huge a task it really is...
i can count maybe 6 or 7 people in all of BC's history that fully understand every process about how to get a bridge ingame fully and bug-free (and the required programs to do it); alot of new people think it is easy, but it really isnt...  which is one of the reasons why bridge requests were never really responded to...
i feel it is best to go in prepared to know just how much of a painstaking task it really is, as well as just how much you have to know about BC to do it successfully, rather than underestimating it and thinking it is a breeze and easily doable...  it takes quite a commitment and skill, which is why many more people havent really been able to figure it all out all these years...

LJ actually wrote a new character script for me a year or so ago that makes placement of the crew and stuff much easier.
perhaps you should share it with other people who are new to bridges and want to try and learn how to make them for BC, or collaberate with others on their projects where it would be useful?  character scripts can be tedious, but the animating part is also a whole lot of fun also lol

it would be nice to see new people be able to make bridges ingame for BC, of course...  the last generation of people that could get bridges into BC (3rd Era) have all moved onto Excalibur and don't make bridges for BC any longer, so it seems like no more new bridges will be made from scratch to finish anymore, which is unfortunate; but thats how it is until maybe some other new people can figure it all out from beginning to end...  personally, id love to see a new team of modders get together and really try learning about bridges and all of the aspects; a sort of "4th Era" perhaps, to keep bridge modding alive...

it is a shame getting bridges to work in BC is such a major task and headache; if only it werent so complex, then we'd have a whole lot more of bridges for BC...

I take it there are no textures? Then it might actually work. :P

If the dimensions are a bit similar, then you ought to be able to re-use the default Galaxy animations.
this is a good point... 

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2009, 12:32:57 PM »
The Character script he is refering to is mostlikely similar to his Canon Crew Position Fix for BPCore.

Or the bridge plugin (not BPCore) way of setting properties on individual crew members.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline limey BSc.

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2009, 12:39:38 PM »
perhaps you should share it with other people who are new to bridges and want to try and learn how to make them for BC

I plan to clear it with LJ next time he's on MSN!

or collaberate with others on their projects where it would be useful?  character scripts can be tedious, but the animating part is also a whole lot of fun also lol

it would be nice to see new people be able to make bridges ingame for BC, of course...  the last generation of people that could get bridges into BC (3rd Era) have all moved onto Excalibur and don't make bridges for BC any longer, so it seems like no more new bridges will be made from scratch to finish anymore, which is unfortunate; but thats how it is until maybe some other new people can figure it all out from beginning to end...  personally, id love to see a new team of modders get together and really try learning about bridges and all of the aspects; a sort of "4th Era" perhaps, to keep bridge modding alive...

it is a shame getting bridges to work in BC is such a major task and headache; if only it werent so complex, then we'd have a whole lot more of bridges for BC...

I've managed to do everything but the lighmapping at least once on 2 different attempts. I got a very crude animation in once. Even managed to get an, albeit untextured, completely new character model in. Don't have much time to experiment anymore, what with the DQP and uni work.
MUSE!!!

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2009, 01:49:56 PM »
Don't have much time to experiment anymore, what with the DQP and uni work.
not to worry - youre starting off in the right direction and thats where it all begins :)
after some time, hopefully youll be able to jump back into it and perhaps start getting the hang of things even more and things start getting easier for ya, and then maybe someday you can get like a "4th Era" Team goin :)
nothing would be more awesome for BC's future than to be able to have a new team able to make more bridges for BC!

as far as this bridge goes, 230k polies is very very high...  it is a nice bridge, it just has a long way to go if it would be possible to get it into BC, that is...  keep at it, henrie - i do hope youre successful!

Offline Rob Archer

• Cookies: 545
  • New Frontier MKVI
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2009, 02:03:23 PM »
I've always Wanted to Learn BC Bridge Modding, Its the Only area of Modding that i have never actually experimented with

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2009, 02:07:32 PM »
Even though this bridge is already avaliable for BC I can't wait to see the end product of your version.

Looks excellent. Wood shouldn't shine that much though, unless you obsesively wax it over and over again, lol.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2009, 04:23:52 PM »
Even though this bridge is already avaliable for BC I can't wait to see the end product of your version.

Looks excellent. Wood shouldn't shine that much though, unless you obsesively wax it over and over again, lol.

1) It does indeed look pretty.

2) What do you think Yeomen on the Enterprise-D were for?  "Wesley, get back to waxing!"

To Boldly Go...Again.