Author Topic: Looking for a pair of models to be made.  (Read 802 times)

Offline Furyofaseraph

• The FoaS
  • Cookies: 49
    • Robinomicon
Looking for a pair of models to be made.
« on: January 25, 2009, 11:07:51 AM »
Hey guys,

I am looking to have a pair of human models made: One male, one female. They need to have about an 8k, Meshsmooth/Turbosmooth Ready (that means proper loop nodes and quads), and have similar topology (obviously anatomical differences taken into consideration). They need to have modeled fingers and toes (fingernails, and toenails, good knuckles, etc).
As far as the head goes, I'd like enough geometry to get good facial deformations for expressions. Teeth are a must. Tongue is optional. Eyelids are a must. Eyebrows and Eyelashes should be separate elements (they are going to be opacity mapped). Eyeballs must be a separate element as well.
Their build should be better than average, but not heroic. No comic bookishness, or steroids, you know? Graceful is the concept I'd like.
UV Mapping won't be necessary.
Also, I'd like to offer these models, (once I rig and texture them) up for download, but credit will be given.
If you happen to know anyone who is a decent modeler, please let me know.

This will be used in a sort of open-source project for characters. I also will be using them in my Star Trek 3D comic, with all the clothing, sets, and props I make for these models will be put up for download - so there'll be some benefit for the BC community too :-)

"FoaSize (faux-uh-size): To seduce at an alarming rate with lots of blue and orange." ~ Firedrake

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Looking for a pair of models to be made.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 11:25:39 AM »
I assume "similar topology" means the same structure of quads?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Furyofaseraph

• The FoaS
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 11:39:04 AM »
yup yup, that it does.

edit: not necessarily the "SAME" structure of quads, but close.

"FoaSize (faux-uh-size): To seduce at an alarming rate with lots of blue and orange." ~ Firedrake

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 04:10:47 PM »
that sounds awesome, have you considered Poser or DAZstudio?

Offline Furyofaseraph

• The FoaS
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 05:28:08 PM »
Poser and Daz are really really reall clumsy programs. I want to take advantage of the more advanced features you can find in max, including the ability to create my own rig (which I have become rather proficient at).

The daz figures, though are 80k in polycount (and thats just the low-res models) and would be a pain to do ANYTHING with.

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 09:25:09 AM »
For 8k polys you want a decently deforming face, fingernails, full modelled fingers and toes, teeth and tongue, and modelled eyelids... You realise the quality of the cylinders wouldn't be so hot, right? Most ps2 games main characters had an 8k poly limit. I don't think you'd get all those details on a reasonable model for 8k, especially if you want the figure to bend well, and/or have some level of muscle tone.

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 01:31:10 PM »
For 8k polys you want a decently deforming face, fingernails, full modelled fingers and toes, teeth and tongue, and modelled eyelids... You realise the quality of the cylinders wouldn't be so hot, right? Most ps2 games main characters had an 8k poly limit. I don't think you'd get all those details on a reasonable model for 8k, especially if you want the figure to bend well, and/or have some level of muscle tone.
Well, using cylinders for fingers isn't that smart to begin with. :S
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Furyofaseraph

• The FoaS
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 04:34:32 PM »
I have actually located a resource called "Make Human" This gives me pretty much what I'm looking for :-). they are 10k instead of 8k, but I'm willing to swallow that :-).

You missed the part where it would be meshsmooth capable, then, because an 8k poly limit wouldn't be bad if yuo had an iteration of meshsmooth or two on.