Author Topic: Akira Bridge (constitution reskin)  (Read 1632 times)

firehawk

Akira Bridge (constitution reskin)
« on: February 25, 2009, 02:44:23 PM »
I noticed that the FCexcelsior bridgeinthe readme says it started as an Akira project..well I took that (and most of the textures ( i'm not scared to say that the were perfect and in no need of altering ) and .finish it as much as I could ) I decided to use the Constitution because of its conn/ops console (I doubt the Akira would have the TNG era conn/ops consoles and the prommy/nx/defiant ones were either too small or in the Prommys didn't have the right feel..and the sovvy..well woulda been lazy )

plus  the use of the older style conn/ops is a nod to the fact that the Akira (in the star trek universe anyway ) was designed with a retro feel (looking similar to an NX..so it figures its bridge would be retro too )

p.s. the con/ops stations were blurry no matter what i did, i'm happy with the end product..although if i nknew how to i woulda removed the railings

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 537
Re: Akira Bridge (constitution reskin)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 02:57:20 PM »
Good start. I know that you can do it. :)
TaH pagh, Tah be.

firehawk

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 04:04:50 PM »
this is the con/ops..see what i mean about the blur?

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 04:39:57 PM »
Try increasing the resolution so that if it is at 512x256 (just using a known resolution here), increase it to 1024x512.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 04:51:33 PM »
Eww... Distorted buttons.  Fix those and cookie yee shall receive.

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 05:43:05 PM »
Eww... Distorted buttons.  Fix those and cookie yee shall receive.

It would require a new model for the console. When I end up redoing the A-Bridge I already have something kinda rigged to work around it, but unfortunately it's a bit tougher with LCARS.

EDIT: Nevermind, was thinking about the Miranda bridge.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 11:11:32 AM »
Welldunno what to say ... I like it tho if I were you I wouldn't put Akira bridge into TNG Excelsior set... what I mean is that overal design of Akira class is unique and Excelsior brisge is rather commonly used in Trek, we don't have any reference of how would Akira bridge look like but fro me the best option for it is Galaxy refit bridge, I never liked idea to put Sabre bridge into Galaxy refit set as it's just too big for tiny ship like Sabre but for Akira it fits just fine ;)

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 10:24:09 PM »
Turn off mipmapping in your graphics settings and see if that helps with the blurry textures... 8)
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!