Author Topic: Instant Torpedo Reload?  (Read 1098 times)

alphapie

Instant Torpedo Reload?
« on: February 27, 2009, 01:54:37 PM »
I've searched the forum for this with no luck, if it is a repost please point me in the right direction! I am looking for a mod for instant torpedo reloads for the sovereign class. Or any ship. Is there such a mod? I've found 1 trainer that does not work. Any help here?

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
Re: Instant Torpedo Reload?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 02:03:14 PM »
Unfortunately its not a seperate script you can download. It's a matter of the ship hardpoint. But it can be easily done if you know what you are doing.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline WileyCoyote

• The Other Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1219
  • Awesome-sauce factory owner
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 02:03:40 PM »
This thread should go to scripting, but I know how to do instant reloads for ships.  If you look into a ship's hardpoint, find your ship's torpedo tube properties.  You should find something like: ForwardTorp1.SetReloadDelay(40.000000).  Just set the reload delay to zero, and you'll never have to wait for torpedo loads again.  Hope this helps. :)
Please visit my Deviantart page at www.trekmodeler.deviantart.com.

My website is up! Download my ships here: http://www.michaelwileyart.com

alphapie

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 02:13:16 PM »
You mean go to scripts/ships/hardpoints and open the .pyc file of the ship in notepad and find that text line, correct? Thats what I did first before posting, but I must have missed it you say its there, I'll check again. Sorry about posting this in the wrong section.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 02:17:35 PM »
you need to open the .py, you can't open .pyc

alphapie

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 02:22:13 PM »
Hmm I don't mean to be a noob here, but I don't have any .py files in my scrip folder.

PJCham

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 02:31:52 PM »
Check the "src" folder. That might help. Maybe.

Offline Adonis

• Ze Meister xP
  • Cookies: 84
  • Da Death Squad ???
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 02:32:27 PM »
Hmm I don't mean to be a noob here, but I don't have any .py files in my scrip folder.

Find the SDK on BCFiles. You have all the py's there. Mind you, BC is set up in a way that it makes pyc files out of py's, so make sure you delete the pyc before you go ingame. Pyc files are a way of "locking" the game contents.
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

alphapie

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 02:39:02 PM »
I have no such folder "src". My game is completely unmodded maybe that's why? Though I've updated it.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 02:57:16 PM »
Do you have KM 1.0?
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 03:59:34 PM »
Unmodded? Then it's the SDK you want to look at.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.