Author Topic: I can't play BC  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
I can't play BC
« on: March 22, 2009, 10:03:20 AM »
 :( :( :(

Heres how it happened:

Comp crashed. Went blue screen and saying the error was (something like):

atiduag: "numbers"

So I turned my computer off and left it for a bit. Turn it on again. Try playing BC. ITS NOT WORKING! Windows Task Manager says its running and my comp goes super slow. So I turn off BC and things are back to normal.

Ideas?

Edit: More Info:

I have some pictures showing BC being weird in Windows Task Manager. I've turned it off and turned it on again. I've restarted my computer. But it still doesn't work.

Edit 2: My MP version of BC (unmodded except for KM 1.0) works.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: I can't play BC
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 10:47:06 AM »
Try deleting your options.cfg
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 11:32:10 AM »
Will do. *crosses fingers*
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Dalek

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 01:14:53 PM »
Its fixed now. :P I thought this was a big issue :P. Feel free to move to "Solved Problems".

- Lorien

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 01:16:22 PM »
So the deletion of options.cfg fixed it?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 01:18:01 PM »
Yup. Meant I had to reset everything (including the controls) but its all fine (once I found the default button :P)!

- Lorien

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 01:27:53 PM »
That is one of the less thoughtfull decisions for using the options.cfg with UMM. :(

*Locked & Moved*