Author Topic: Galaxy-Class Venture refit - !complete rework! 07/13  (Read 4943 times)

Offline FourChan

• Admiral Noel Vermillion
  • Cookies: 4
  • Starfleet Technologies Development Center
    • Twitter Four Channel
Re: Galaxy-Class Venture refit
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2009, 02:18:07 AM »
So what does this do about modifying ships for personal use and uploading them as images on like POTD or Post your Best Screenshots? :P

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2009, 02:29:12 AM »
i feel the same about that...  besides, a picture is one thing...  an ongoing, seemingly "WIP", thread confuses people (as has already been shown) that this is something that will eventually be publically released...

to me, such things are a tease and/or a way to get attention to a mod which would be distributed "underground" to others since it cannot be publically released...  seems to have a slight disrespect to the author, IMO...

perhaps this thread shouldnt be in the BC Modding forum, and maybe Graphic Arts instead...  or maybe this seemingly WIP thread to get others interested shouldnt exist at all; ill have to confer with the other staffers and as well with DJ to see what others think...  if it were up to me - *and i mean no disrespect to anyone* - this thread would have been archived by now...  thats just my personal feelings tho...

Offline JamesTiberiusKirk

• Johnny Walker... one of my best friends! Cheers!
  • Cookies: 33
  • Cheers!
    • My Myspace Page ->
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2009, 11:45:35 AM »
Actually it is a mod. wether for personal use or not. and letting others have part in it, what's the problem?... It's not like I want to be famous or something (in the internet). And I did mention I would ask DJ wether I'm allowed to give it to other people or not. His decision. I intendet it for personal use, but it seems to get attention. So, where is the problem? You could always close the thread if it's finished.

"And this... is... to go... even further beyond!"

Offline Cmdr. Madden

• Cookies: 0
  • does it look like i need my leg pulled?
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2009, 12:27:12 PM »
Galaxy EVO ?

in b4 permaban

lol Galaxy X

sorry, i know how much mods hate having something as taboo as that posted..... please don't kill me

otherwise, i would change the arboretum back to blue because i think it makes for better contrast. also, what if you made it into a S31 ship or something like that.... completely black except for the glow of the deflector, bussards, warp coils, impulse manifolds and the arboretum (or go sans arboretum). honestly when i first saw the pics. i sed "jesus christ that's fu**ing sexy"

(censored vulgarity, swearing isnt permitted in this forum...)
does this thing ever get old? seriously.... i've been here for ever and nothing new happened. this must be purgatory

Offline FourChan

• Admiral Noel Vermillion
  • Starfleet Technologies Development Center
    • Twitter Four Channel
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2009, 05:26:02 PM »
i feel the same about that...  besides, a picture is one thing...  an ongoing, seemingly "WIP", thread confuses people (as has already been shown) that this is something that will eventually be publically released...

to me, such things are a tease and/or a way to get attention to a mod which would be distributed "underground" to others since it cannot be publically released...  seems to have a slight disrespect to the author, IMO...

perhaps this thread shouldnt be in the BC Modding forum, and maybe Graphic Arts instead...  or maybe this seemingly WIP thread to get others interested shouldnt exist at all; ill have to confer with the other staffers and as well with DJ to see what others think...  if it were up to me - *and i mean no disrespect to anyone* - this thread would have been archived by now...  thats just my personal feelings tho...

Okay cause I posted pictures in the Post your Best Screenshots area before and had a ton of requests for the ship I was posting.

Offline henrie85

• Adviser & Helper
  • Cookies: 3
  • Go Climb a Rock
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2009, 10:28:10 PM »
New dorsal plating and minot tweaks. Updated hp aswell.

dam thats a sexy ship LMAO can anyone say deploy armor. lol love the design :D

• Cheers!
    • My Myspace Page ->
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2009, 04:32:04 AM »
Maybe close the thread until the mods decided  what  to do.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2009, 11:43:25 AM »
we'll keep it going for now...  i dont mean to seem like a sour killjoy; i was just expressing my views...

Offline Nexxus21

• Commanding USS Solaris Mk-I Refit
  • Our Continuing Mission Of Exploration
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2009, 05:45:30 PM »
Just figured how to give cookies..lol Have a chocolate chip on me!  :lol:
If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us...-Adlai E. Stevenson Jr.

• Cheers!
    • My Myspace Page ->
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2009, 12:50:30 PM »
New: Bussards, deflector, arboretum and added some plating on the neck, nacelles are also new.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2009, 12:53:32 PM »
The arboretums blue! :P I think the deflector is the best thing about the whole thing. :D
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline adama2

• Cookies: 0
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2009, 01:13:20 PM »
OH YES, she is so beautiful  #loveFFX#. Amazing Ship wait for more pictures...

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Cookies: 151
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2009, 05:51:23 AM »
She is gorgeous but I still think armour should extend upto the main impulse engine  :D

Offline Nexxus21

• Commanding USS Solaris Mk-I Refit
  • Our Continuing Mission Of Exploration
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2009, 03:27:22 PM »
I have to say the changes are nice and this ship just gets better lookin' by the day. Impressive most impressive. 8)
If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us...-Adlai E. Stevenson Jr.

Offline MarkyD

• Cookies: 627
  • "A mesh comes together!"
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2009, 07:53:03 PM »
You are kitbashing the best gaming GALAXY Class Avail, it kinda needs to stand out here. What I would like to see is a comparrison at each angle, to show the diff's between ur re-texture... and DJ'S GALAXY.

and some mesh addtions, keep up the good work.  :D

• Cheers!
    • My Myspace Page ->
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2009, 05:17:12 AM »
You are kitbashing the best gaming GALAXY Class Avail, it kinda needs to stand out here. What I would like to see is a comparrison at each angle, to show the diff's between ur re-texture... and DJ'S GALAXY.

and some mesh addtions, keep up the good work.  :D

I didn't touch the mesh. Im mearly editing DJ's textures :P

I can tell ya, it's hard to take down with a sovereign.

Oh and btw, new neck as requested (more armor and some around the main impulse):

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Cookies: 151
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2009, 05:31:22 AM »
Good work, she is a beauty.  :D

Offline MarkyD

• Cookies: 627
  • "A mesh comes together!"
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2009, 06:44:11 AM »
The neck look allot better  :)

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2009, 07:15:57 AM »
Tbh, to me it looks more like "black patches scattered around the ship", and not so much armored.

Logically, if one were to armor the ship, you would put the armor around the most sensitive areas: Bridge, Impulse engines, Warp engines, underneath the stardrive (protect the warpcore), cargo bays, deflector area, and shuttlebays.

Don't really see the need for making the saucer as "armored" as you have it now. Less is more so to speak. Perhaps removing some of the armor from the saucer, making the entire nacelles armored would improve the look of the ship considerably. Also, I think you should try replicating the "solid" color armor that you have above the saucer impulse engines, as it in my opinion looks considerably better than the 2/3-tone armor you have elsewhere.

Lastly, in it's armored state, a big weakness at current is the arboretum. Need to use a bit of logic, when designing where to put the armor. That's all i'm saying. Not complaining about your work thus far, just trying to give some useful and constructive critisism on how to improve it further. As mentioned above, you are retexturing one of the greatest Galaxy models of this decade. A retexture needs to be pretty top notch as well :P
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Bigkap

• Cookies: 5
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2009, 05:43:04 PM »
This is looking a lot better JTK.