Author Topic: Adoberth Crashes when torpedoes are fired please help  (Read 1210 times)

Offline bandittraccoon

• Cookies: 0
Adoberth Crashes when torpedoes are fired please help
« on: April 19, 2009, 01:48:54 PM »
hi, I'm quite new to these bords & BC modding in general, I downloaded the AdOberth 2.0 pack from bcfiles.com, and well, everything works right, ship maneuvers fine, pegasus's phasing cloak works beautifully.. but the only thing that is wrong is that when you fire torpedoes.. the game crashes

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
Re: Adoberth Crashes when torpedoes are fired please help
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 01:54:39 PM »
Put the attached files in scripts/tactical/projectiles folder.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 02:03:41 PM »
That happens because BC does not have the torpedo script that the hardpoint calls for.  MLeo is working on a script that will seek out and fix any ship that you install that has this problem.  Check out this thread for the script: http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,5558.msg106494.html#msg106494

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 02:08:44 PM »
I was going to mention that.

But I should say it just prevents BC from crashing, and it neatly points it out which projectile(s) is(are) missing.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline bandittraccoon

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 06:37:18 PM »
Put the attached files in scripts/tactical/projectiles folder.

Thank you, that really helped!  :dance

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 07:15:00 PM »
Case closed.

*Locked & Moved*
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.