Author Topic: Batch of questions!  (Read 862 times)

Treign

Batch of questions!
« on: April 22, 2009, 11:52:20 PM »
Hey guys,

I've been comming here now for awhile just reading up on various problems and stuff. And i can't find the answers for a few questions i have so i decided to send out a request for help.

Current Config

STBC Updated to 1.1 them KM copied ontop of.

Everything turned on and all graphics on bust.

AMD3800X2 @ 2.4Ghz & 8800GTS 640mb
2GB DDR400 Ram & 3.3TB Storage

Question 1.

When hosting a Multiplayer game with another buddy of mine, if one of us dies and tries to rejoin the person hosting immediatly crashes to desttop with no sign of bridge commander at all left.

Question 2.

When playing a game, and taken heavy damage the bridge don't have any effects at all. No fires, or sparks. The view screen does go snowing and stuff though, QB & MP.

Question 3.

When i am distroyed, i get the huge explosion but my ship most of the time just stays there like the explosion didn't happen. This is a graphical error and does nothing to the game just after a huge warpcore breach the ship should be toast. I mainly use the Defiant.

Question 4.

Graphical errors in general, nothing to major but for instance after taken a pounding and sparks fly out they don't dissapear and stay hovering around the area damaged.

Any idea would be appreciated, my main deal is getting the MP stable, i love play turkey shot with a buddy of mine.

Dorman. T Reign

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
Re: Batch of questions!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 03:23:08 AM »
Question 2.
When playing a game, and taken heavy damage the bridge don't have any effects at all. No fires, or sparks. The view screen does go snowing and stuff though, QB & MP.

I could be wrong but I think that was disabled in bridge plugin, or something like that.

Question 3.

When i am distroyed, i get the huge explosion but my ship most of the time just stays there like the explosion didn't happen. This is a graphical error and does nothing to the game just after a huge warpcore breach the ship should be toast. I mainly use the Defiant.

This is a fairly common bug, I think it has something to do with the way nanofx handles the damages, you might notice that this only occurs if the ship is destroyed rather quickly, without causing major hull damage, otherwise the damage will cause it to break apart properly.

Question 4.

Graphical errors in general, nothing to major but for instance after taken a pounding and sparks fly out they don't dissapear and stay hovering around the area damaged.

you can reduce the lifetime of the spark particles by adjusting the settings in the nanofx menu.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 09:02:01 AM »
There are no damage effects (visual, model, damage that is) in MP, not even in Stock BC.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Treign

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 08:02:28 PM »
Thanks for the answers, i only have that MP question left. I've even tried disabling all MODS and the game stll crashes when someone attempts to rejoin the game after death. Any pointers?

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 12:06:17 AM »
try KM1

Treign

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 11:25:06 AM »
Thats what i'm using. Still very unstable. They need to do one more revision to the KM1.0 and it should be a stability patch. That being said i wouldn't be able to play this game if it wasn't for KM1.0 what a great addon.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 12:15:54 PM »
They need to do one more revision to the KM1.0
KM 1.1 is being worked on  ;)

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 01:05:18 PM »
They need to do one more revision to the KM1.0
KM 1.1 is being worked on  ;)

KM-R too. Pyramid formation not intended Jim :P.

For the MP question: Does it seem to effect everyone on your end? Or is it one specific person?
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien