Author Topic: Image and sound  (Read 1352 times)

AOM0305

Image and sound
« on: April 29, 2009, 10:16:49 PM »
Hi I recently got Bridge Commander and found it it be a pretty cool game. So now I am doing all these modding too.

I recently downloaded the Post Nemesis Sovereign and managed to set it on the files. But as I played it in quick battle the ship loaded and I have these 2 white squares above and below the hull of the ship and I havent got any sound from the weapons.

I have the NanoFX2.0 beta, not sure if its installed correctly...

Any ideas in how I can fix this?? thanks for the help

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
Re: Image and sound
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 11:31:36 PM »
Make sure you have foundation installed and all of the mutators are turned on. If you got those covered there's an FAQ in the "Solved Problems" section of the tech support forum you can check out.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 07:20:47 AM »
Make sure you have a file called "FoundationTriggers.py" in scripts/
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

AOM0305

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 07:59:23 AM »
Make sure you have foundation installed and all of the mutators are turned on. If you got those covered there's an FAQ in the "Solved Problems" section of the tech support forum you can check out.

Thnxs for the tip of solved problems, helped me with another problem I had

AOM0305

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 08:07:59 AM »
Yea I have the FoundationTrigger.py installed on my script file and have all the mutators activated. Maybe I have a problem with the NanoFX, I have put 2 images showing the Mutator config and the problem I have with the ship.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 08:12:04 AM »
Well, the mutator configuration shows that you, in fact, do not have NanoFX (you did install v2Beta, right?).

Please get us a console report at that point.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

AOM0305

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 11:27:59 AM »
Yea I downloaded NanoFX_2.0 BETA and used BCMI.NET to instal it but thats all the ingame options it gives me..

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 02:03:49 PM »
Does BCMI.Net point to the right location?

AOM0305

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 06:39:14 PM »
Yea it does

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 06:48:16 PM »
In that case, we really need a console report.

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 06:59:04 PM »
I have a sneaking suspicion that NanoFXv2 Beta was only extracted from the BCMI.net file, like you would extract a folder from a WinZIP file. However, I cannot be 100% sure of this since I havn't used BCMI since I got BCUT.

I only make this suggestion because BCUT only unpacks NanoFXv2Beta. It doesnt install it for you. You would have to navigate to the BC root folder, located a new folder called 'NanoFX 2' or something of the like, go into it, highlight the folders and then click 'Copy' inside the Nano FX2' folder, then return to the BC root directory, right-click on an empty area somewhere that hasn't got a folder, click 'Paste' and say yes when asked to overwrite the files.

So I suspect that BCMI uses a similar method.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 07:05:29 PM »
BCMI.Net extracts it to the specified directory, in this case, C:\Program Files\Activision\Bridge Commander

AOM0305

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 08:12:20 PM »
Well I fixed it now... I was having problems with the BCMI.NET.
What I did before was just clicked on the BCMI file and the let it install and for some reason it never did... so I opened the BCMI.NET program first and opened it the BCMI file that way to see and then installed it.
Dont really understand why but before it worked just by clicking the BCMI file.... Thnx MLeo realy appreciate the help...

Oh just one question, what mod allows me to improve like th tactical like for example I can choose the % the phaser power is on, or selecting where most of the shield power goes to... seen some pics of it and dont know what mod it is

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 08:42:41 PM »
I have a sneaking suspicion that NanoFXv2 Beta was only extracted from the BCMI.net file, like you would extract a folder from a WinZIP file. However, I cannot be 100% sure of this since I havn't used BCMI since I got BCUT.

I only make this suggestion because BCUT only unpacks NanoFXv2Beta. It doesnt install it for you. You would have to navigate to the BC root folder, located a new folder called 'NanoFX 2' or something of the like, go into it, highlight the folders and then click 'Copy' inside the Nano FX2' folder, then return to the BC root directory, right-click on an empty area somewhere that hasn't got a folder, click 'Paste' and say yes when asked to overwrite the files.

So I suspect that BCMI uses a similar method.

Both programs do the same thing, extract the files from the BCMod to a specified directory.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

BrandonC

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2010, 10:22:47 AM »
I kinda have the same problem here. I dont have the white squares, and I do have quantum sounds, but not phasers or photons.. How do I get a console report?

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2010, 01:04:01 PM »
How do I get a console report?
By reading the stickied threads.

BrandonC

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2010, 02:04:36 PM »
Thanks for the oh so informative help...

The console report is blank.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2010, 02:08:02 PM »
you hit enter after opening the console?
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

BrandonC

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2010, 02:15:38 PM »
I thought I did but guess not.