Author Topic: Need mod help  (Read 928 times)

darkranger85

Need mod help
« on: January 17, 2010, 09:23:55 PM »
I'm new to modding bridge commander and I'm trying to install all the things that lots of the ships seems to need such as nanofx, submenu, mvam, cws, etc etc.

I'm also trying to install a defiant mod and a steamrunner mod.

Now, I have tried to do this like 5 times today and everytime I try to do it I get the, apparently infamous, BSOD.

It seems to happen on different mods each time and even if I go in and delete the mod I last put in it dosn't allow me to play.

Is there a way to avoid this? Because frankly its getting tiresome reinstalling the game everytime I try.

Offline bankruptstudios

• Cookies: 60
  • Xander = Host, Co-Host, Producer and Editor
    • Holo Suite Magazine
Re: Need mod help
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 02:06:08 AM »
Hi, welcome to the forum. For the futcher, this topic is for making mods for BC and your request would be better seen in Tec support topic on the main page. But we are always willing to help. First uninstall everything. Then install jest BC. Once done hit the icon and see if it works. Depending on your operating system you may have to right click on the icon and go to propitys at the bottom and under the compatibly tab select windows XP. From there if everything is working, download and install this:  http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Bridge_Commander_Patch;2374   Its the offical patch that you will need. Then you will need FTec to make the new downloads work and you will find it here: http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/FTech_Foundation_Technologies_;84343. And from what you had listed, you want every major mod in bc to date so get KM 1 here: http://www.bckobayashimaru.de/ws/index.php?id=downloads  It has everything that you will need and more. With all this installed, turn on your  Mutators on in the custimize section and you set. If this doesn't fix your problem then check out the TEC Support section.

Offline teleguy

• Cookies: 53
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 04:57:36 AM »
Is there a way to avoid this? Because frankly its getting tiresome reinstalling the game everytime I try.

The tool BCUT can create backups of your install so you can easily restore your game in case of a BSOD.

Its the offical patch that you will need. Then you will need FTec to make the new downloads work and you will find it here: http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/FTech_Foundation_Technologies_;84343.

You need Foundation not FTech. Foundation is included in BCUT.

And from what you had listed, you want every major mod in bc to date so get KM 1 here: http://www.bckobayashimaru.de/ws/index.php?id=downloads

IIRC you shouldn't install Foundation if you use KM.

Offline bankruptstudios

• Cookies: 60
  • Xander = Host, Co-Host, Producer and Editor
    • Holo Suite Magazine
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 08:09:44 AM »
Ftec Is Foundation,  :funny. And yea, your right, If you use KM 1 you jest need a fresh install of bc and the patch. OOOps,lol.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 08:46:01 AM »
FTech is not foundation that youre referring to...  they are separate entities...

darkranger85

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 04:59:57 PM »
I apologize for posting this in the wrong section, I will keep that in mind for next time and thank you all for your suggestions, they are all very helpful.

About KM, I read the description and it says that it includes Nanofx, lots of bridges, and such. but does it include the other stuff I was trying to download? If not then what will I have to install myself?

Also, it was mentioned in a reply that I shouldnt install foundation with KM. Does that mean I wont be able to download ships that require foundation?

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 05:09:53 PM »
Also, it was mentioned in a reply that I shouldnt install foundation with KM. Does that mean I wont be able to download ships that require foundation?

Nope. KM comes with the Foundation so once its installed, you can install seperate mods on top. :)
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

darkranger85

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 10:40:23 PM »
ok I have KM installed and it works but there are some odd glitches.

like for one my bridge officers keep saying random stuff. like I start a quick battle and one of em says "we should have gotten here sooner" and throughout the battle they say stuff that just dosnt make sense.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 11:20:29 PM »
that was a mod Defiant added... he thought it made the bridge more lively... atm he is making it so it isn't as random.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

darkranger85

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 03:54:10 PM »
Ok that explains that.

Another question is does km have a damage retex? I didn't see one in the features list.

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 04:34:52 PM »
we didn't change the textures between 1.0 and the new beta.

darkranger85

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 05:32:17 PM »
Do I have to do anything special if I want to add one from somewhere or just drop it in as normal?

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2010, 08:08:01 PM »
nothing special