Author Topic: The verdict on trek XI is in...  (Read 2089 times)

Offline admiral horton

• Cookies: 4
    • my devianart page
Re: The verdict on trek XI is in...
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2009, 11:39:06 PM »
i say that this movie should be viewed a non-cannon and blown up
with the changes in the time line and the destruction of vulcan
it is an outrage

i know I'll be made fun of but i hate this movie
there are great starship designs and there is crap

Please visit my Deviantart page at http://admiral-horton.deviantart.com/

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2009, 11:42:29 PM »
i say that this movie should be viewed a non-cannon and blown up
with the changes in the time line and the destruction of vulcan
it is an outrage

i know I'll be made fun of but i hate this movie

The movie has its own Canon now, its an alternate universe/time line

But this isn't the right topic for this.

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2009, 11:52:06 PM »
"To not like it would make them dickheads."

Well, Leonard said it, not me. :P

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2009, 04:38:00 AM »

Lolwut? Thanks alot Kirky, now I have to clean coffee from the laptop! :arms:

Dante, and anyone else being so offended, you guys need to relax, living life taking offense to things like this will only set you up for upset or ulcers, or both! With how badly people demand everything be censored nowadays we're on the fast track to being Vulcans ourselves... It's a joke, if they really wanted to be insulting, I'm sure they could've done much, much worse (Hell, I can think up a few things that would prove it, but I'm not that big a bastard to do so). You're letting yourselves get trolled by a TV show that takes the piss out of everything. It's far from meant to be taken seriously, and it's pretty obvious about that. Though, there are some truths in it it seems, as is being proven on anything XI related around here.

To sum it up, I'll use a line spoken from the late Heath Ledger.

"Why so serious?"

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline newman

• Cookies: 33
  • Hello, Jerry.
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2009, 05:40:46 AM »
Some people really need to stop talking about guns when they want to discuss if something is canon or not.

Offline Dante Leonhart

• Executive Producer Bridge Commander Series
  • Cookies: 22
    • Leonhart Studios
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2009, 01:22:49 PM »

Lolwut? Thanks alot Kirky, now I have to clean coffee from the laptop! :arms:

Dante, and anyone else being so offended, you guys need to relax, living life taking offense to things like this will only set you up for upset or ulcers, or both! With how badly people demand everything be censored nowadays we're on the fast track to being Vulcans ourselves... It's a joke, if they really wanted to be insulting, I'm sure they could've done much, much worse (Hell, I can think up a few things that would prove it, but I'm not that big a bastard to do so). You're letting yourselves get trolled by a TV show that takes the piss out of everything. It's far from meant to be taken seriously, and it's pretty obvious about that. Though, there are some truths in it it seems, as is being proven on anything XI related around here.

To sum it up, I'll use a line spoken from the late Heath Ledger.

"Why so serious?"

Dude. I'm fine. Never been better. No ulcers, good blood pressure, no headache. That doesn't mean I have to tolerate a joke that (ignorantly or not) disrespects a dead man and his entire life's work - not to mention the family of his recently departed widow. I get really tired of people saying "Hey, lighten up. It was only a joke" when they clearly crossed the line. Does that excuse (It was only a joke) still hold up if I run into a funeral proceeding and throw a pie in the bereft's face? That's the line I believe this video has crossed. The intention may have been just for a laugh, but the road to hell is paved with the best intentions.

Like I said - I really think they've thrown simple respect out the window just for a laugh.

Offline Villain

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2009, 08:18:39 AM »
Need I point out how many people understood the tone it was meant to be taken vs those who didn't? Chillax, take a stress pill.

After all, if you can't have a giggle at what you are yourself (A trekkie, otherwise why would you be here right?), what can you laugh at?

I am glad to see you didn't tear me to shreds over the Heath Ledger quote though. :)

---
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Dante Leonhart

• Leonhart Studios
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2009, 10:41:39 AM »
Need I point out how many people understood the tone it was meant to be taken vs those who didn't? Chillax, take a stress pill.

After all, if you can't have a giggle at what you are yourself (A trekkie, otherwise why would you be here right?), what can you laugh at?

I am glad to see you didn't tear me to shreds over the Heath Ledger quote though. :)

lol I guess you didn't read the part where I said I'm ulcer-free? Seems to be a habit with you :O In fact, I just woke up from 8hrs of solid sleep. Didn't have any problems with it.

I understood the tone perfectly. I did not like the tone. I know other people understood the tone and weren't insulted, but omg, here's a shocker! I'm not them. I am me. I was insulted. Am I going to lose sleep over it? Nope. Was I still insulted tho? Yep. lol how hard is that to understand?

I believe I already posted an example of how I think you can be funny without crossing the line - something else you should probably go back and take a gander at. :D

Oh... and your quote doesn't cross any lines when it comes to Heath Ledger. Why do you point that out? Were you trying to? Surely you're not just trying to stir something up? ;)

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2009, 02:48:03 PM »
ugh quit bitching at each other, you two; now kiss and hug and make up :P

Offline Dante Leonhart

• Leonhart Studios
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2009, 02:50:51 PM »

^stoled from bcs :D

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2009, 03:00:47 PM »
 :deadimage

What is "stoled from bcs" image?
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2009, 03:47:39 PM »
:arms: (we have that one here too Dante :P)

Offline Dante Leonhart

• Leonhart Studios
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2009, 03:50:40 PM »
Something smells fishy here.... :arms:

Offline Villain

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2009, 02:34:05 PM »
No Jimmy, I will NOT MAKE THAT VIDEO FOR YOU! How many times do I have to tell you?! :(

---

Offline Dante Leonhart

• Leonhart Studios
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2009, 02:37:03 PM »
Ok I think we're drifting a little off-topic here.

Back to the subject at hand (making fun of Star Trek,) I thought I heard a rumor that Pine will butt heads with The Shat in the next Priceline commercial. Makes sense to me since Nimoy has been in a couple of them (as a spokesperson to replace him! lol)

Can anyone verify that?