Author Topic: Texture Error  (Read 649 times)

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
Texture Error
« on: May 08, 2009, 03:15:47 PM »
I seem to have a texture error with JTK's new Sovereign. The secondary hull texture is in the folder but is not showing up ingame or in Nifskope.

Halp?
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Texture Error
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 03:37:11 PM »
Either the texture is really big, or the model is wrong.

What video card do you have?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 03:41:16 PM »
the file could also be named wrong....

or as MLeo said it could be to big for your GFX card to process...
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 03:48:45 PM »
It's 4096 x 2048. Probably more than my comp can handle. I'll change the resolution and see what happens.

Edit: Yeah, its showing now on 2048 x 1024.

I have a question for other JTK Sov users: Does it lag? Cos it's giving me major lag and I'm not sure if its just me or the ship itself.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 08:38:08 AM »
If I recall correctly you need at least 512 mb GFX card to handle 4096 maps, I had 256 ATI X700 and I had the same problem, when I changed it to 512 NVIDIA and then to 1 GB it worked fine

Offline JamesTiberiusKirk

• Johnny Walker... one of my best friends! Cheers!
  • Cookies: 33
  • Cheers!
    • My Myspace Page ->
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 10:55:36 AM »
hmmm works fine for me, though. flawless to the las moment

"And this... is... to go... even further beyond!"