Author Topic: Lexington & Loknar Carrier scripts - QBautostart scrip no longer working (KM1.0)  (Read 1597 times)

Offline strekship

• Cookies: 0
I noticed that recently the functions associated with QBautostart (abandon ship, distress call etc) no longer show up as options in game. I double checked my mutators list and it is checked. I have tried copying the QBautostart folder from a stock KM mod but it did not help anything. After unchecking them all and then rechecking them, I was able to get it to work for a game, but then the game crashed and when I started it back up I had lost the QBautostart functions again. Any ideas? I checked the console to see if there were any errors reported but there were none. If it would help I can post the crash message left in the report file.

Edit: I checked the console again and this time it had some stuff in it. This is in quick battle with all mutator options disabled except for stock ships, stock systems, mods, and qbautostart.

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: QBautostart scrip no longer working (KM1.0)
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 11:39:04 PM »
The "Lexington" has a bad carrier script, please upload it from scripts/custom/carriers.

Offline strekship

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 01:04:00 AM »
Ok, I will have to get it again. In order to try and remedy the error I used BCUT to remove the ship.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 01:58:26 PM »
If it's working now, then just add a link to the Lexington mod.
We can fix that carrier script and put it in Solved.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline strekship

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 06:46:50 PM »
No, it still doesn't work but I will upload the Lexington script as soon as I can find it. Do you want me to upload a picture of the console without the Lexington error?

Edit: Here is the link the the Lexington I was using: http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Lexington;35899

Also, here is a screenshot of the current console output. For whatever reason it still has some stuff about the lexington in it so I guess BCUT didn't get rid of all of the lexington references.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 07:02:45 PM »
The Lexington Carrier script wasn't removed, so here is the fixed version, please get another console report after you have put this file in scripts/Custom/Carriers/
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline strekship

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 09:39:23 PM »
Looks like there is another ship with a bad shuttle launch script. Looks like it is this one:
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Loknar_TMP_Refit;35868

Is there any way to get the console to scroll up?

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 02:06:45 AM »
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Console_Tracker;76613
This will output the console as a text file.  you don't even need to call the console.

Offline strekship

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 03:09:51 AM »
Thank you! An option to dump to text file should have been part of the console to begin with.
Here is the full output from the console. The only errors that seem to have any relation to QBautostart are these:
Code: [Select]
  File ".\Scripts\Custom\Autoload\LoadEngineeringExtension.py", line 240, in __call__
    LoadQBautostart.ImportQBautostart()
  File ".\Scripts\Custom\Autoload\LoadEngineeringExtension.py", line 163, in ImportQBautostart
    pModule = __import__(dotPrefix + fileName)
  File ".\Scripts\Custom\QBautostart\AIShuttleLaunching.py", line 3, in ?
    import ftb.ShipManager

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 06:17:47 AM »
Yup, it's the Loknar, please upload its carrier file.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 01:57:47 PM »
In this case it wouldn't have needed, this type of error is very common (unfortunately), also, I'm fairly sure that this particular Carrier plugin has been dealt with before, please perform a search.

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 03:18:07 PM »
No, it still doesn't work but I will upload the Lexington script as soon as I can find it. Do you want me to upload a picture of the console without the Lexington error?

Edit: Here is the link the the Lexington I was using: http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Lexington;35899

Also, here is a screenshot of the current console output. For whatever reason it still has some stuff about the lexington in it so I guess BCUT didn't get rid of all of the lexington references.

BCUT doesn't remove carrier scripts only as mentioned in the Uninstaller:
1. HP's from scripts\ships\hardpoints directory
2. Ship scripts from scripts\ships\ directory
3. Ship plugins from scripts\custom\ships directory
4. Ship models data\models\ships or bases directory
5. Ship icons data\models\icons directory
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline strekship

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 04:41:30 PM »
Here is the Loknar script. I found the other post about the Loknar but there is no fixed script in it. Thanks for the help, I didn't realize a ship script could have caused so much interference with the other scripts.

Offline teleguy

• Cookies: 53
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 05:29:23 PM »

Offline strekship

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 05:55:05 PM »
Thank you.