Author Topic: Engineering menu - blank buttons  (Read 1550 times)

Offline teleguy

• Cookies: 53
Engineering menu - blank buttons
« on: May 22, 2009, 04:31:29 PM »
Everytime I use a certain ship the text on all buttons in the engineering menu is missing. The engineering menu fix is activated and the console doesn't say anything. What could be causing this?
I noticed that I can get around the problem by  playing with a different ship first and opening the engineering menu once.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Engineering menu - blank buttons
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 05:48:03 PM »
And the certain ship is?

Also, when it has happend, please get us a console report.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline teleguy

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 06:03:24 PM »
It's an unreleased ship which I'm currently hardpointing. I'll upload it somewhere and pm you the link.

As I said, there's nothing in the console.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 06:13:24 PM »
Did you alter anything else other than the hardpoint?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline teleguy

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 06:20:17 PM »
I created the scripts\ships py file, the ship plugin, custom torpedoes and a gravityfx plugin.

PS: I've sent you the link.

Offline teleguy

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 09:11:50 AM »
After some testing it appears that the hardpoint is causing the problem. I'll post it here, maybe somebody knows what's wrong with it.

Edit: Removed attachment.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 11:16:49 AM »
Have you tried clearing out all properties that you aren't using? For example the "Dorsal Main Array" isn't linked in the hardpoint (ie. not used).
But I must confess that I do not know if that matters or not.

Offline teleguy

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 11:56:39 AM »
I tried that but it didn't change anything.

Are you experiencing the same problem on your install?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 12:11:39 PM »
I don't have the same mix of mods as you have, so it wouldn't be representative.

Aside from the Console Tracker, have you actually looked in the console what the problem could be?
Because in the last session there are far less lines than in the first session mentioned.

Offline teleguy

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009, 12:25:32 PM »
I tried both the console directly and the consoletracker.

Anyway I figured it out. BC didn't like that I set up 10 repair teams, with 9 everything is ok.
Perhaps this is somehow related to the button number limitation mentioned in the BCS:TB readme?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2009, 06:24:31 PM »
I thought repair teams was from a QBA mod, predating BCS:TB?

Offline teleguy

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2009, 07:17:28 PM »
It's not a mod. The number of repair teams in the hardpoint determine how many systems can be repaired simultaneously.
Since the systems being repaired show up as pink buttons in the engineering menu I thought there might be a relation to this problem.
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?topic=100.msg762#msg762

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2009, 12:00:07 PM »
The blank button text is related to number of repair teams. You can fix it by moving all the buttons to the bottom of the menu below repair team assignments.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign