Author Topic: Bridge Menu Scroll Arrows gone  (Read 1025 times)

Offline anubitus

• Cookies: 0
Bridge Menu Scroll Arrows gone
« on: May 24, 2009, 04:51:33 PM »
hi,

i have a weird problem, i have installed a couple of new bridges i found on bridge commander files and as usual, just to be safe, i choose not to overwrite anything in my working BC install.. if it dont work then, i just delete it again so my game dont get messed up by some files getting overwritten by accident..

but now i installed them bridges and i noticed my scroll arrows of my bridge menu in quickbattle are gone, the ones in the quickbattle setup screen from the XO menu.. how can this be when i didnt overwrite anything..

hope somebody can help me with this mistery..

thanks in advance..

AnU

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Bridge Menu Scroll Arrows gone
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 06:16:40 PM »
Try activating, or deactivating if it already is activated, Sneakers Bridge Scrolling Mod.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline anubitus

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 07:48:57 PM »
i fixed it by copying the scripts/custom/sneaker/MenuScrollers.py from a backup into my game dir.. but that doesnt answer my question as to how it got overwritten, if at all, in the first place.. i am sure i didnt overwrite anything.. :o

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 02:29:21 PM »
I believe (nearly) every bridge contains it, older bridges as well, with an older version.
If it came with an installer, then you might not even have noticed it gotten overwritten.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline anubitus

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 06:16:10 PM »
that must be it, thanks man.. next time i use a installer, i use a temp folder and cut/paste it into my game dir..

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 12:57:56 AM »
As I recall, most of the new bridges won't install unless they are installed directly into the directory, but there is a much easier way to fix it if it stops working again.? This is going to sound really weird, but if you turn off the mutator, the scroller will reappear.? conversely, if the mutator is already off and it disappears again, just turn the mutator back on? and the scroller will again reappear.

Offline anubitus

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 09:45:25 AM »
hmm, strange.. that actually worked aswell.. :o

thanks for the help guys..