Author Topic: LaunchShipHandlers Crash  (Read 921 times)

Offline Phaser

• Star Trek Canon Authority
  • Cookies: 231
LaunchShipHandlers Crash
« on: May 25, 2009, 09:54:52 PM »
Gah.  This is embarrassing.

I felt like blowing something up last week, so I loaded BC and proceeded to do so.  Everything was peachy.

Then today, I felt like doing the same thing.  Unfortunately, during the battle, the window in the attached image, named 'wtf', popped up and froze my game.

I did some testing to narrow down the problem.  My results:

1) The crash seems to happen when my ship is about to be destroyed.
2) The crash is not unique to one ship (I tried the SNS Galaxy Class and the Ambassador Class from the TNG Ambassador Class Pack)

Also, to narrow down the specific issue that's shown in the code, I made a console report before the crash.  That's shown in the image named 'Screenshot026' (the "Shuttle Launching Framework not loading...bye bye!" bit might be another problem.  If so, any advice about it would be welcome!).  The window that appeared for that session's crash is the image named 'Screenshot027'.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
Re: LaunchShipHandlers Crash
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 12:52:46 AM »
no the the "Shuttle Launching Framework not loading...bye bye!" is a checksum from the shuttle launching script, I think that just means that it didn't detect a carrier file for the ship you are using, so it won't use the framework.  I'm not quite sure what the error is, it might be related to that NameError listed at the bottom of the page, or it could have been something that scrolled off the top of the console, Do you have the ConsoleTracker installed?  If you do, could you attach the whole txt file of the report?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 01:48:48 PM »
Install a more recent version of Foundation, that will fix the error.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Phaser

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 09:08:22 PM »
Thanks, guys!

ACES_HIGH, I appreciate the clarification.

MLeo, are you talking about this one?  Also, out of curiosity, are you reading somewhere in the code that my Foundation version is out of date, or is my error simply a common one for an old version of Foundation?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 01:36:12 PM »
No, I'm not talking about that one (that's an addition to Foundation).

It's one of two errors in a core Foundation class that have gone unnoticed for atleast 5 years.
I've attached the fix (also found in BCUT, the most recent version of Foundation can also be found there).
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Phaser

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 07:16:04 PM »
Unnoticed, until now:P
Anyway, thanks for the info and fix, MLeo.