Author Topic: Getting Bridge Reference Together?  (Read 841 times)

Offline Furyofaseraph

• The FoaS
  • Cookies: 49
    • Robinomicon
Getting Bridge Reference Together?
« on: June 03, 2009, 11:51:32 PM »
Hey folks,

I was thinking about going back and redoing my bridge again. I started getting together some reference, and I realized that there are large gaps in my data - mostly dimensions. I was thinking how it might be a boon to the community of we all sort of put all our data together and created a sort of Bridge Reference system, ranging from LCAR Color swatches, to Font diagrams, to detailed blueprints (not like one's that you find on the net which have glaring gaps in them  :x :x :x).

What think you all?

I'll add the first bit of content, as well as ask the first question.

Bridge Dedication Plaque PSD.
Older members of BCU might remember this. It's basically a PSD that contains the needed images to create a Bridge dedication plaque. Enjoy.

Also something I've found useful was this: Reproducing the color of real-world light in 3D. Essentially it outlines and gives RGB values to various lighting types. (instead of just pure white).

Now, my question is this. What scaling system does BC use? if I were to build a bridge, and say I needed to make a piece that's 2 meters wide, how big should I make it (in say, Generic Max Units) in Max?

"FoaSize (faux-uh-size): To seduce at an alarming rate with lots of blue and orange." ~ Firedrake

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
Re: Getting Bridge Reference Together?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 08:22:40 AM »
It saves me the trouble of having to ass my way around the internet looking for fonts and color swatches.

Is there any way you can export that Plaque PSD to a PDN (Paint.Net) file, or flatten it out without a name/quote so that I could use it? Also where to find that particular font would be nice, as dedication plaques are a severe pain in the ass for me.

Offline Furyofaseraph

• The FoaS
  • Cookies: 49
    • Robinomicon
Re: Getting Bridge Reference Together?
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 10:47:35 AM »
I don't use Paint.Net, but I'll see what I can do as far as conversion.

anyone have an answer as far as scale conversion?

"FoaSize (faux-uh-size): To seduce at an alarming rate with lots of blue and orange." ~ Firedrake