Author Topic: Kirk's G-A Thread  (Read 8155 times)

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Kirk's G-A Thread
« on: June 16, 2009, 06:56:14 PM »
Basically, I'm just fooling around with all of the free use models we have available to us on BCF. I would like to eventually convert some of my work into BC (or possibly Legacy,) but for now, only pretty pictures.

First off we have Anduril's Asia class. I've only just begun work on her. There have been quite a few lightmap tweaks, and I plan on doing a lot more to her. Right now I've made up a rough bussard transition from ENT to TOS, but I am very unsatisfied with the results.

Pics removed: Please see latest post.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
Re: Kirk's ENT/TOS Ship Updates
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 11:24:25 PM »
Last Update before bed. All dorsal blinkers are modeled in and animated (video later this week.) Most registry lights are in. I think I may rebuild parts of her as she's looking a bit dated. C&c welcome, as always.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
Re: Kirk's ENT/TOS Ship Updates (Asia Update: 5-16)
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 01:44:10 AM »
that looks awesome.  have a cookie

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
Re: Kirk's G-A Thread
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 09:20:43 PM »
Well, I decided to try my hand at modeling today. The Galaxy's warp core seemed simple enough, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Edit: Some more work before bed.

Offline RifleMan80

• BC Veteran since February, 2002
  • Cookies: 136
  • BC Machinima Bridge Commander Elder (Feb 02)
    • Rifle's Bridge Commander Machinima
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 11:23:09 PM »
I like the warp cores. Reminds me of the TNG Galaxy Class warp core. The connies are awesome too. You see the plasma inside the warp nacelles from the little window ports at the tops. Great tweek.

A True Riker's Beard!

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 11:34:47 PM »
It just one core, it's a wip. :P The reason it reminds you of the galaxy core is because it is. Here's one last update.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 05:31:53 PM »
Photo update with a video showing how the animated light rigging works on the way.
EDIT: Here's the video. Sorry it's kind of dark. :?

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 11:20:03 PM »
I really hate to triple post in my own thread, but it seems that no one has anything to say, but me. :(
Here's an HD render of my core in action. It is a .mov so you will need quicktime installed. You will get a better feel for the animation if you set quicktime to loop the video. Enjoy. (c&c always appreciated, even if you are just knocking my work.)

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
Re: Kirk's G-A Thread (Galaxy Core Update 8-20)
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 06:17:42 AM »
Is this the thing that took you 2 days to render? Wow....

Anyway, very pwetty. Anything else next on your list?
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2009, 08:19:56 AM »
Yup, this took about a day and a half to render. My eventual plan is to build all of engineering.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2009, 08:40:13 AM »
Predicted render time...5 weeks? :P
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
  • JL Studios - Co-Founder
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2009, 08:48:25 AM »
Predicted render time...5 weeks? :P

Well if Krik is smarter next time and only renders frames he actually needs, it'll go a lot quicker :P

Or, less stubborn, so when I point out that if he cancels it half way through and restarts it properly, it'll still be done in half the time, he actually listens and does it :P
MUSE!!!

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
Re: Kirk's G-A Thread (BC Intro Update 8-22)
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2009, 10:26:20 PM »
Well, with my discovery of finalRender, I've started a side project, remastering the BC Intro. Here's the first few seconds that I have started. The audio/video is slightly out of sych, but this will be fixed later down the road. Enjoy for now!

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2009, 01:59:13 AM »
Cookie sir!!!!

:D
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Worf359Alpha

• Master HardPointer, Novice Scripter!
  • Cookies: 14
  • Peace Thru Superior Firepower
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2009, 11:20:59 AM »
Nice work Kirk!
500+ HardPointed Ships and counting! Man where do i find the time!

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2009, 04:42:30 PM »
the only thing I'd say on the remaster, here, is increase the flicker rate.  mabey have the bussard do a "brownout"
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Dalek

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2009, 04:44:48 PM »
The bussard shouldn't "brownout". It didnt get damaged.

- Lorien

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2009, 05:54:31 PM »
The starboard bussard is at a lower power level than the port, it just isn't all that noticeable. I will see about increasing the flicker, but it seems to me that by this point, it's pretty much down for the count.

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2009, 08:22:59 PM »
The starboard bussard is at a lower power level than the port, it just isn't all that noticeable. I will see about increasing the flicker, but it seems to me that by this point, it's pretty much down for the count.

I seen it when I first viewed it.  Just out of curiosity, are you gonna remake the entire video?  Or just the repair scene?
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2009, 09:33:13 PM »
I'm experimenting with explosions right now. If I can figure it out, I'll be remaking everything, including the win/lose videos.