Author Topic: JJ iBridge being modelled over at Facepunch forums.  (Read 2234 times)

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
JJ iBridge being modelled over at Facepunch forums.
« on: June 17, 2009, 10:36:56 PM »
Just before I go to bed,

This is being worked on by someone named "TheSniper9" over at Facepunch forums, the Garry's Mod community. He's planning on sticking it inside a massive model of the JJ1701 he just released.

It's not strictly accurate, but it sure looks the part, the helm console is particularly impressive.

Think it'd be worth our while to send an envoy over to see if we might share in this bridge? I've been sensing a resurgence of interest in bridge modelling around here lately.

Click the picture for more info.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: JJ iBridge being modelled over at Facepunch forums.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 11:03:09 PM »
I've been sensing a resurgence of interest in bridge modelling around here lately.
I hate to break it to you, but that's been mostly it. Not lightmapping, scripting, or otherwise fully functional bridges, rather, just models. Though I will use this as inspiration for my retexture. ;)

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 04:46:05 PM »
I've been sensing a resurgence of interest in bridge modelling around here lately.
I hate to break it to you, but that's been mostly it. Not lightmapping, scripting, or otherwise fully functional bridges, rather, just models. Though I will use this as inspiration for my retexture. ;)
I seem to know my way around scripts, at times. ^_^ So feel free to ask questions about that.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 01:06:54 AM »

No need to break anything! I know how much it takes to get a bridge ingame.

Nevertheless, there is increased activity in this forum lately, and increased interest in the interiors side of things. I think we're seeing the start of the "4th Era", so to speak.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline borgman9884

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 09:05:23 PM »
Just before I go to bed,

This is being worked on by someone named "TheSniper9" over at Facepunch forums, the Garry's Mod community. He's planning on sticking it inside a massive model of the JJ1701 he just released.

It's not strictly accurate, but it sure looks the part, the helm console is particularly impressive.

Think it'd be worth our while to send an envoy over to see if we might share in this bridge? I've been sensing a resurgence of interest in bridge modelling around here lately.

Can you give the location of this forum...I would like to see more

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 09:19:29 PM »

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 08:31:57 AM »
Oh that is needed.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?