Author Topic: Also Comming soon to BC FoaS Abbe  (Read 1492 times)

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
Also Comming soon to BC FoaS Abbe
« on: June 20, 2009, 02:06:00 AM »
Abbe class. Now, my screenshots aint as good as nebs..I dunno if it's my settings or what..I mean it's a x1600xt it ought to make BC look like a dang episode of trek but meh...here's the abbe class from multiple angles..
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
    • Facebook
Re: Also Comming soon to BC FoaS Abbe
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 02:06:35 AM »
and one more. Need one person to test run it once I'm done.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!

Offline angryandorian

• Cookies: 5
  • Prepare for the future...
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 01:01:31 PM »
Nice, I'll try it if you like.

Offline WileyCoyote

• The Other Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1219
  • Awesome-sauce factory owner
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 02:19:21 PM »
Very nice. What's with the yellow/gold nacelle grille?
Please visit my Deviantart page at www.trekmodeler.deviantart.com.

My website is up! Download my ships here: http://www.michaelwileyart.com

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 02:27:25 PM »
FoaS's "signature" I believe. Feel free to correct if I'm wrong. :P
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline angryandorian

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 02:33:02 PM »
Yeah he has other Feds ships with Yellow grills and strips.

Offline LordReserei

• Cookies: 10
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 02:53:15 PM »
and one more. Need one person to test run it once I'm done.

I'd be more than happy too, capture it using Fraps, make a vid and upload it to youtube or something. =D
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit|Asus M5A97 R2.0|Phenom II x6 1090T BE|24GB DDR3 1600MHz|XFX HD6870 1GB|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB/Seagate Barracuda 2TB|CM Elite 430|CM TX3 Evo

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 04:06:29 PM »
Yeah he has other Feds ships with Yellow grills and strips.

Yea I'm not sure if there's a reason for that (later era upgrade) or if he just does it because he wants to. I don't really care, it's something different and the rest of the texture is such a major boots over what we had previously that it's worth getting even if you don't like the orange.
Read my mod blog!

Offline FourChan

• Admiral Noel Vermillion
  • Cookies: 4
  • Starfleet Technologies Development Center
    • Twitter Four Channel
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 04:51:37 PM »
Nice little ship. I like it and how the inner nacelle colors are.

Offline Furyofaseraph

• The FoaS
  • Cookies: 49
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 05:26:09 PM »
FoaS's "signature" I believe. Feel free to correct if I'm wrong. :P

Short response: It's not really a "Signature" but something that I just enjoyed changing.

Long response: I always enjoyed GAFY's Federation textures, the ones that also had the blue in them. However, there were just a handful of things that I wanted to change. As you can see I embraced the Blue paneling (which was really meant to be the visual pusher for the retexture line, no the orange grilles). I originally wanted to go with blue/purple grilles, but I found that the entire thing just looked too cold, too much blue. I then just looked at my color wheel and picked Orange - due to high contrast it has with the blue. I ran with it.

What I would like to think of as my signature is the Fractal Flame patterns in the grille, not the color itself. the Juva has them, too. :-).

Yea I'm not sure if there's a reason for that (later era upgrade) or if he just does it because he wants to. I don't really care, it's something different and the rest of the texture is such a major boots over what we had previously that it's worth getting even if you don't like the orange.

It's not an upgrade or refit or anything. I often speak of the FoaS-verse. These are from that, thats all. Sort of like my own timeline where I can do what I want to trek history. Trek is a salad bar: take what you want, leave the rest - I just brought my own dressing from home.

Anyways: Starforce. The conversion looks great :-)

"FoaSize (faux-uh-size): To seduce at an alarming rate with lots of blue and orange." ~ Firedrake

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 05:45:38 PM »
Hmm.. is that TMP-ship classed as light torpedo cruiser or something else?
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 05:54:06 PM »
the pod is a torpedo package. Sorta like the nebula pods. Presumeably other things could be attached to it, such as cargo pod for colony service or what not, though I've never seen anyone bash other attachments onto it.

Foas, there are 2 yellow blocks ventrally on the "stem" of the hull between the saucer and struts. One of them has phasers in it and one does not...is that on purpose or did you forget to add some phasers?
Read my mod blog!

Offline Furyofaseraph

• The FoaS
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2009, 10:44:06 PM »
I classified it as a Destroyer, but with the torp pod it has some serious firepower. As starforce said, there could be a bunch of pods, if so wanted, but like him, ive never seen any but the torp pod.

I only wanted one phaser down there because the other phaser would be blocked by the nacelles - it didn't make much sense. I think I kept it as just another hatch or something -shrug-

"FoaSize (faux-uh-size): To seduce at an alarming rate with lots of blue and orange." ~ Firedrake

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2009, 12:18:11 AM »
btw curious as to what you think of that ship I sent over? Could you add that to your list and shave off the phaserbanks/escape pods to convert it to tmp?
Read my mod blog!

Offline Furyofaseraph

• The FoaS
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2009, 12:30:00 AM »
I haven't looked at it yet. I promise I will and give you a yay or nay.

Edit: I have taken a look and it may be a doable. Who is the model by, so I can get permissions? I'm going to play and see if its completely doable for a bit tomorrow. I need to know its length, too.

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2009, 12:51:17 AM »
I'm not entirely sure. I gmailed the CGI images, Best guess is she's 120, which is slightly shorter than the oberth (-30m) which seems to make sense next to the oberth command hull. I realised it'd also make a good tmp ship so if both can happen that'd be great.  Ads for who made it..um..someone on my "team" that kinda died before this ship even got done..again..I'll figure it out. Anything you need to do to it..if you do it..should be fine. By the time I release it I'll have figured out who did the first half of the job. It was planned for SFC release as well anyways.
Read my mod blog!

Offline Furyofaseraph

• The FoaS
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2009, 12:54:09 AM »
hanging verb there... did the person die, or did the team die? Find me an email address, if you wouldn't mind.

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2009, 01:40:16 AM »
The team died. Well, atleast nothing is being done, with one exception..and I need to pester him for some renders. It's either JB06 or codanalis, and bones did something with the tmp that I have yet to see and have given up on. They all on my msn.
Read my mod blog!

Offline angryandorian

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2009, 03:41:09 PM »
Incidently you were talking about your graphics card. What type do you have? Most cards come with drivers and configuration panel which allow you to set the level of detail in your games. Seems like you have yours set at low or medium. Setting it to high might get rid of the jagged graphics and make the ship's textures clearer.   

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2009, 04:09:15 PM »
radeon x1600xt
Read my mod blog!