Author Topic: MVAM/Red Alert Problem  (Read 729 times)

Offline angryandorian

• Cookies: 5
  • Prepare for the future...
MVAM/Red Alert Problem
« on: June 20, 2009, 11:33:37 AM »
A while back, someone posted having a problem with MVAM and Red Alert.

http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,2586.0.html

I am having this problem as well, which also seems to affect disruptor systems. For example, if I start a match using the CG Sovereign, I start at Red Alert already. If I go to Green or Yellow Alert then back to Red Alert, I suddenly can't use the ship's Quantum Torpedo launcher, which works as a disruptor instead of a standard torpedo launcher.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: MVAM/Red Alert Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 12:04:55 PM »
And this doesn't happen when you didn't have MVAM installed?
Have you tried the file I attached in that thread?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline angryandorian

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 01:00:09 PM »
Well when I don't have MVAM enabled, Quickbattle works normally. I tried your suggestions and the file in the older thread, to no avail.

Offline angryandorian

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 11:55:35 AM »
Well I've tried a variety of things trying to fix this. Reinstalling NanoFX and Foundation have not worked. I've tried using the Quickbattle.py from the KM mod, since the problem doesn't seem to manifest there, but that also didn't work. All I can say is that MVAM Infinite is definitely the cause and red alert only works properly when MVAM is disabled.

Edit: There wouldn't happen to be another file that affects red alert, would there?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 06:07:41 PM »
Could you please describe in what way you can't use the quantums? Is it simply not firing, or is it depleted?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline teleguy

• Cookies: 53
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 09:29:08 AM »
You don't perchance have Defiants Advanced Power Control installed?

Offline angryandorian

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 12:43:33 PM »
You know what I did, does that negatively affect MVAM and/or the Red Alert system?