Author Topic: TWOK bridge - 07/08/2009 - characters' animations WIP  (Read 9805 times)

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
Re: TWOK bridge - 08/07/09 - textures in progress
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2009, 01:48:24 PM »
Quick question [not sure if it was asked yet and too lazy to go through the entire thread to find out...]

Will you be texturing the damage? Since this is from ST:IV the damage from TWOK should be present. Personally I think that'd be the coolest thing since sliced cheese.

Offline Picky

• http://img529.imageshack.us/i/pickyngm.png/
  • Cookies: 26
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2009, 01:56:47 PM »
The damage isn't in the ST IV Enterprise - A bridge, infact it is the Ent-A bridge and not the Enterprise Refit bridge (the oned of The Wrath of Khan), so there isno damage in those bridge. The version with damaged textures is the bridge of the third film The Search for Spock, which is exactly the bridge of The Wrath of Khan but after the battle. Maybe I will build a retexture with damaged walls as seen in the third film but I'm not sure... If yes, it would be surely after the release of the bridge.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2009, 04:30:27 PM »
If you mapped the bridge the way as 3DE team did with ST 6 Enterprise A bridge then it'll be pretty easy to burn in some places :D

btw. are you mapping it the way stock Sovvy/Galaxy bridges were mapped or are you adding mapping whole walls with big textures ???

Offline Picky

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2009, 12:16:56 PM »
Actually I'm mapping the bridge piece by piece, becouse I'm not an expert of texturing, than I attach the panels to the walls so they are one poly with a multimaterial: so I can put the textures with a very high precision.

There are updates: the complete TWOK model with textures (now we have only to wait for the panels) and the ST IV bridge, which is almost complete, there is only some detail of the textures to fix. For the ceiling of the ST IV bridge I build something between the TWOK - TSFS version and TUC (ST VI) version. Do you like it?

Offline Shino Tenshi

• NG|mods Founder
  • Cookies: 23
  • Aw, man...
    • NG|mods website
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2009, 12:39:05 PM »
were the seats really that blue in twok?

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2009, 06:37:43 PM »
The version with damaged textures is the bridge of the third film The Search for Spock

Oh yeah! *FACEPALM!*

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2009, 06:38:38 PM »
WHOOOOOOOIEEEEEE!!!!!
dammit man, im humbled by this!!
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2009, 03:22:37 AM »
were the seats really that blue in twok?

They were more light blue-grey...You guys might wanna reduce the saturation a bit.  Other than that, this is looking great so far :)
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Picky

« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2009, 12:49:21 PM »
Thank you for advices. Here there are updates: the complete bridges! :D Now we will wait the panels of Bones.
But don't worry, I've another project: the update of the TMP bridges. Basically, with the authorization of Third Era Team, it consists in building new models and textures for the Ent-A ST VI, Excelsior and Ent-B bridges which will use the same scripts of the originals (expecially for character's animations, process in which I think we will have a lot of problems for the TWOK bridge...). I think it is possible, with their authorization: what do you think about this?

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2009, 02:17:15 PM »
Not to sound like a nitpicker or anything, but I only have one real problem with this very lovely bridge: the "A" on the turbolift door. If I remember correctly, the panel labels and the lettering they put on the doors from TMP to TUC used the same font (or if not, really damned similar) that's used for the hull registry markings. I forget what it's called, but generally they add a similar font to most Trek font packs.

Beyond that...if you need any testers for when you're ready to release this, I'll get in line right now! The prospect of actually seeing this in game...*drooling uncontrollably* Erm...sorry. *goes to get a mop*
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline Jb06

• Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2009, 02:22:28 PM »
Im not too sure about the walls on both bridges, they look too monotone. Add abit of texture into them.

~Jb06

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2009, 04:08:58 PM »
that font is called Federation Bold at least that's the universal Trek pannels font in TMP i use it for my panels ATM.

about the textures, I'm affraid I'm with JB on it they seem to be kinda plain... maybe if you could add some monochrome noise to it but very faint it would make a difference, also I presume this is just a pre-lightmaping bridge hm ? you are going to lightmap it, aren't ya ?

small update on my panels : most of the display pannels are ready, just need make security/aux and inner transporter stations thentfill in some animation displays (circle screens) to the rest of them and then make them 5-frames animated and they'll be ready :D so next update hopefuly will be posted by Picky when they'll be attached to the model ;)

Offline Joshmaul

« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2009, 08:28:52 AM »
that font is called Federation Bold at least that's the universal Trek pannels font in TMP i use it for my panels ATM.

Ah, thanks for the refresher...I knew what it was, just forgot what they named it.

Quote from: Bones
about the textures, I'm affraid I'm with JB on it they seem to be kinda plain... maybe if you could add some monochrome noise to it but very faint it would make a difference, also I presume this is just a pre-lightmaping bridge hm ? you are going to lightmap it, aren't ya ?

Got any spare cassette tape holders? That's how they added a little texture to the actual set! *grin*
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2009, 08:46:35 AM »
Basically, with the authorization of Third Era Team, it consists in building new models and textures for the Ent-A ST VI, Excelsior and Ent-B bridges which will use the same scripts of the originals (expecially for character's animations, process in which I think we will have a lot of problems for the TWOK bridge...). I think it is possible, with their authorization: what do you think about this?

The Enterprise-A seems the best donner for the TWOK bridge. I have gotten my TWOK bridge working in game but the crew are not seated in the right place. Helm and tactical hover in the middle of the bridge, the XO is almost sat at Uhura's station and the same for the science officer at Spock's. The enginner has disappeared into the weapons panel.

There is very little advice / tutorials on setting a up a mesh for a bridge nif. I think you need dummy objects on the bridge to help point the crew nifs to the right positions. I have sent a few PM's to the bridge guru's but I'm awaiting there reply to confirm and find out how to do it.
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline Picky

« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2009, 12:57:35 PM »
Thank you all for the advices. Now I have updated the wall's texture and I have to lightmap those bridges... How can I lightmap? :? I'm sorry but I didn'd made something similar until now! :oops: .
The Enterprise-A seems the best donner for the TWOK bridge.
Thank you for the advice but I think I will build new animations for my TWOK bridge. I was thinking to build new models for the actual Enterprise-A bridge from The Undiscovered Country, Excelsior Bridge and Enterprise-B bridge, all those bridges will fit, with Third Era Team's authorization, with the actual animations of those bridges: something more than a retexture: a remodel on the same crew positions! (I was thinking to build a very canon Ent-A bridge from Star Trek VI, with swicthing lights to red color, red altert panels, etc...)

Offline Picky

« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2009, 12:29:01 PM »
Sorry for double post, but I have the updated door:

Offline Joshmaul

« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2009, 01:25:41 PM »
Groovy. Now it looks like it did in the movies!

(I was thinking to build a very canon Ent-A bridge from Star Trek VI, with swicthing lights to red color, red altert panels, etc...)

I would imagine (being the guy who has little to no experience with this sort of thing) that this task would be nothing short of hellish. Realistic, but hellish nonetheless...

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2009, 08:22:01 PM »
Groovy. Now it looks like it did in the movies!

(I was thinking to build a very canon Ent-A bridge from Star Trek VI, with swicthing lights to red color, red altert panels, etc...)

I would imagine (being the guy who has little to no experience with this sort of thing) that this task would be nothing short of hellish. Realistic, but hellish nonetheless...

Actually there are some Living Legends among us like Mark, Sean, LC, Viper, Lost Jedi, MLeo etc. who helped in developing Bridge Plugin Core Gold and they know how to make animated maps red alert swaping... these just take so much space (normal/yellow/red on Ent-A bridge means 4 mb on each 1024 pixels map and that is 5 displays maps 5 frames each so it's 100 mb just for normals and 200 additional for yellow and red... even normal and red only would be 200 for displays and 20 for the rest so 220 mb overally... that's a BIG almost 1/4 of KM mod)
sooo let'sjust stick to either red alert maps swaping w/o animated screens or animated screens w/o red alert swaping ;)

Offline Picky

Re: TWOK bridge - 08/07/09 - need help with Lightmaps
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2009, 12:15:20 PM »
I am accumulating experience so the more I build models the more they grow up better and better. But for now I'm working on those lightmaps... I think I need help, infact I made some attempt but without success... There is anyone who can help me?

Offline Picky

Re: TWOK bridge - 08/07/09 - need help with Lightmaps
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2009, 01:41:05 PM »
Sorry for double post but now the new panels have been added, Bones is finishing his perfect work and in a short time we will have the complete textures. I added also the central part of the Helm-Navigational consolle, I used a space image for the background, it is very fashinating in my opinion.
I'm always searching help for the lightmaps...