Author Topic: TWOK bridge - 07/08/2009 - characters' animations WIP  (Read 9804 times)

Offline Picky

• http://img529.imageshack.us/i/pickyngm.png/
  • Cookies: 26
Re: TWOK bridge - 04/07/09 - model complete
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2009, 01:06:33 PM »
Another double posting... I am hating this topic :argh: :wink:! This time I'm going to show you the Enterprise-A (from Star Trek IV) bridge. As I told you in the last post it is the same bridge with the pillars added and different textures. the actual panels have to be adjusted and I put them only as preview. I am not so clever as Bones is in drawing panels but I hope you will like the screenshots.
Thank you

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2009, 02:07:58 PM »
I am not so clever as Bones is in drawing panels

whatever dude, still looks kick a*s to me!
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2009, 04:26:13 PM »
I am not so clever as Bones is in drawing panels

whatever dude, still looks kick a*s to me!
QFT  :D they looks cool to me too ;)

oh and as far as i know you can possibly use TWOK scripts on Ent-A bridge because the only real change in model would be some additional pillars and I doubt they would interfere with crew walk paths/ animations so it should work fine

Offline Picky

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2009, 12:30:48 PM »
Well, thank you all. Now I think I should ask some help: I prepared the textures and I begun to applicate them but in some case they don't work correctly (for example in the keyboards of everey station or in the chairs). There is anyone who can help me? I'm using Gmax but the file should be imported with a plug in.
Those are images of the complete model with some texture but you will see that the seats haven't any datail which I made (the highlight of the seams).
I hope that someone can help me, I don't want cancel this project!

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2009, 04:39:19 PM »
try to send PM to Mark or Sean as they are probably the only people who have the best knowledge about bridge modelling/modding

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2009, 11:00:48 AM »
Picky permitted me to post update on new displays i'm making for his bridge, so far it's only control keypads from engineering, science, comm stations as well as whole environment station (animated with 5 frames)

Offline Shino Tenshi

• NG|mods Founder
  • Cookies: 23
  • Aw, man...
    • NG|mods website
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2009, 11:54:25 AM »
 :shock:

you sir, deserve a cookie.

Offline Picky

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2009, 01:33:56 PM »
First of all, thank you, Bones! Second: graet new: the texture problem is solved!  :hurr(it was a modifier to add after the material-texture phase). In those screenshots you will see a preview of the chairs (I will probably rebuild those textures adapting them to the model) - the science consolle is still the old one, but I will now draw a panel with the new.

:raven There is also the necessity of ideas for the ST IV bridge: who want draw panels for this bridge? I have the communication one and the backwall station but for the others (which are not showed in the film) we have to use fantasy. If someone has an idea he can post a drawing or a sketch.
Thank you

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2009, 01:35:28 PM »

and a bag of chips with a few beers!
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2009, 02:30:46 PM »

and a bag of chips with a few beers!

Crunchips X-cut salt flavor and some Beck's would be nice ;)

ok so here's the deal, since i've done Ent-B TMP displays I could easyli take up those, I even have some nice ideas various displays, also I have a cool idea on touch-pad controls ;)

Offline Picky

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2009, 02:35:13 PM »
I even have some nice ideas various displays
Great! I think that the Ent-A from ST IV should has displays between the ones of the first three film and the panels seen in The Final Frontier.

Offline Picky

Re: TWOK bridge - 08/07/09 - textures in progress
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2009, 12:16:03 PM »
Another time sorry for double posting... There is an update: the seats arenow complete and I'm applying the new panels to the consolles, which have been rebuild to be more canon. Now also the doors have a taxture but it will be fixed (scrath A in the texture).

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2009, 12:59:41 PM »
oh crap :( I hope I'm wrong but to be sure could you make a 360 deegrees picture coverage of walls & displays as I can clearly see there something wrong with placement... send them to my mail - 1701abcde@gmail.com if possible

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2009, 01:33:38 PM »
the wall with newly applied displays should look exactly like that ... you think it's not too late to fix it ?

Offline Picky

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2009, 01:48:42 PM »
Very strange: I build those panels basing the model upon the screencaps of Trekcore. If you see the picture in the Revenge chapter in which Jim is telling Spock how use the transponder code of the Reliant (pge 4-5) you will see those panels in the order I used.

EDIT: Yes, there is a little imprecision in the model: the last panel of the three should be a large one, and not a short one, as I made - see on Trekcore, ST II screenshots HD, Revenge, page 3, last image. I will adjust this when I will be at home (now I'm not writing from my PC, but here I have the ADSL, while on my PC I'm still using a modem).

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2009, 08:44:44 PM »
the display i gave you with those red/yellow/blue bars at top then blue balls at the middle and liquid/gase/solids green schematics should look the way I sent you so red/yello/blue bars TOP; blue balls MIDDLE; green schematics LOWER, then to the wievscreen there is one (TOP) display portraing 'Y' shaped corridor section of the saucer section and some other thing refered to damage control and then there goes damage control station with wide TOP display (saucer impulse deck, Constitution refit fore and two decks of the secondary hull (deck O and P according to original Constitution refit schematics) the nearest to the viewscreen is transporter control stand-up station

Believe me or not I'm not saying I'm the expert of Connie refit bridge but I say I DO have schematics and I make those displays based on THE BEST source that can be found so I AM 1000% sure I'm right ;)

I made some parts in caps and I apologize for it as it may soud stupid but Connie refit is the most important ship in BC modding for me and I've got enough reference to be sure of what I'm saying ;)

I just want this one to be as perfect as possible as I see that Picky has a lot of potential to finish what he started (with NG Bridge Team on his side along with so called 'Connie bridge expert' = me) I'd like to have it as the first best TMP/TWOK/TSFS/TVH bridge ever made and brought to players.

I hope you'll find a way to realign those stations, I'll send you my reference tomorrow ;)

Offline TK421

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2009, 09:43:23 PM »
Hi,

I am kinda new here but I noticed this wonderful project being developed and wanted to thank you for doing this project. The work done so far is great.

I am a fan of the movies and of course the movie enterprise and recently stumbled upon some GMA and ET clips from 1986 on youtube. These videos feature the star trek 4 bridge. I hope these clips can be helpful when making the parts of this particular bridge that we did not see on screen.

Good Morning America (from 1986)

part 1 -

part 2 -
&feature=related

part 3 -
&feature=related

part 4 -
&NR=1

Entertainment Tonight (also from 1986)

part 1 -
&feature=related

part 2 -
&feature=related

I hope the above clips help with your great project. If not at the very least I hope they were worth watching.

I'd like to thank you again for working on this wonderful project of yours. The work you have shown us so far is great. I look forward to seeing the finished product as I am sure it will be amazing.

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2009, 10:04:56 PM »
God Bones, you really need to teach me to make displays like that :P. How do you bezel the panels out like you have there? Making things look 3D is my biggest shortcoming.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2009, 04:17:38 AM »
Firstly I draw basic shape of console then I add those shiny black panels but not fill them with buttons yet, then I add some monochrome gaussian noise to the silver part of the consol, next I add a Texture filter : Fur, console should look now little wheathered and more steel like, next thing is to select all black parts of the panels and add inner bevel to it, after that it's just a matter of placing buttons, graphs etc. in right position. Manual release controls/ levers etc. are just plain two tone colored with combination of inner/outer bevel tool.

TK421 these clips were more than helpful, now we can clearly see that most of the enveironmental console as well as aux station displays behing capt. chair were replaced with those round displays from ST5,6 and I've counted five different types of these, engineering console changed colors but nothing else was touched, science, comm, transporter are completely new yet image was clear enough to pick it as good reference so I'll begin my works on these as soon as I have TMP displays finished ;)

Offline Picky

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2009, 01:20:48 PM »
Thank you all, now with the help of TK421 we will have a more canon ST IV bridge.
Today I have a lot of updates: chairs are now complete, the frameworks near the consolles has been rebuild, the carpet is more canon and the details in the frameworks are done.
Now I will build the texture for the ST IV bridge and wait the new panels for the TWOK bridge.