Author Topic: Babylon 5 Universe Discussion  (Read 4305 times)

Offline STxB52002

• Cookies: 0
  • Faith Manages
Re: Babylon 5 Universe Discussion
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2011, 10:32:56 PM »
I've grown to love this series ever since I first saw it years ago. A damn shame that the francise has died out. Perhaps, it's for the better. Maybe they can released a remastered version someday, at least.
"Babylon 5 was the last of the Babylon stations. There would never be another. It changed the future and it changed us. It taught us that we have to create the future or others will do it for us. It showed us that we have to care for one another, because if we don't, who will? And that true strength sometimes comes from the most unlikely places. Mostly, though, I think it gave us hope, that there can always be new beginnings. Even for people like us."

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2011, 11:31:58 PM »
watch the lost eps of b5 :P
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2011, 07:57:27 AM »
The franchise is still pretty konked out. The Lost Tales DVD was released 3 years ago, however I just came across this.

"During the "Spotlight on J. Michael Straczynski" panel at the 2010 New York Comic Con, Straczynski revealed ?I said to Warner Bros. a while back, 'When you?re ready to do something real with 'Babylon 5,' either a big-budget film or a TV show, if you want to do one of those two things, call me, otherwise don?t bother me.' About a month ago the phone rang. I don?t know where this is gonna go yet, but when they call you, there?s something going on. I can?t tell you what it is yet and it may not go anywhere, but there is movement in the tall grass.?"
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline STxB52002

• Cookies: 0
  • Faith Manages
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2011, 12:03:55 AM »
The franchise is still pretty konked out. The Lost Tales DVD was released 3 years ago, however I just came across this.

There was a new Babylon 5 comic in the works, but Straczynski stated at that same conferance that there were no more plans for it, or so I've read.  :(
"Babylon 5 was the last of the Babylon stations. There would never be another. It changed the future and it changed us. It taught us that we have to create the future or others will do it for us. It showed us that we have to care for one another, because if we don't, who will? And that true strength sometimes comes from the most unlikely places. Mostly, though, I think it gave us hope, that there can always be new beginnings. Even for people like us."

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2011, 12:53:04 AM »
whats the bets site rescource for everything B5? I think Iv'e missed a few of those special movies and a timeline/index of those would help.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
  • Cookies: 10
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2011, 04:02:18 PM »
I cannot get over how much I love Babylon 5.

Favorite sci-fi series. Ever. Bar none.
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
 We are not now that strength which in old days
 Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
 One equal temper of heroic hearts,
 Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
 To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Offline B5

• The One Who Will Be
  • Cookies: 11
  • Babylon 5: The Last of the Babylon Stations.
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2012, 03:28:22 PM »
love B5. Close to end of S3. Need to buy S4 soon  :eek
On a pirateship talking piracy with pirates. Arrrr me hearties. There be whirlpools here. And another pirate ships. Full of pirates... from pirateland... and piratebay... Pirates... piiiiiiratessssss.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8396544/1/Conundrum

Pirates.

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2012, 12:45:38 AM »
This video transfixed me. Not the usual shityass fanwank vid. And Bester...he's like combining the Joker, Pol Pot, and Rick Santorum and then adding the mind of Album Dumbledore & Gandalf. He radiates hate like Ivanova radiates Ivanova.

&feature=fvwp&NR=1

Offline Darkthorne

• Cookies: 5
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2012, 10:53:01 AM »
and a sad loss to the b-5 universe as the man who potrayed Commander Jeffrey Sinclair has died

(article link)
http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=762799&affid=100055
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."
-Pulp Fiction

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2012, 11:11:03 AM »
You sure that link is working darkthorne? Just sends me to an MSN search page with links to sons of anarchy..
I miss :bigdance:

Offline Darkthorne

• Cookies: 5
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2012, 11:18:14 AM »
will just C&P the article

Stupid msn links

'Babylon 5' star Michael O'Hare dies

Sept. 30, 2012, 6:40 AM EST

WENN

"Babylon 5" star Michael O'hare has died at the age of 60. The actor, who starred as Commander Jeffrey Sinclair in the sci-fi series, passed away on Friday, five days after he suffered a heart attack and slipped into a coma.

"Babylon 5" creator J. Michael Straczynski has paid tribute to O'Hare, calling his loss a terrible blow.

He writes in a post on Facebook, "This is a terrible loss for all B5 (Babylon 5) fans, and everyone involved with the show wishes to convey their condolences to the O'Hare family. He was an amazing man."

O'Hare was a regular cast member in the first season of "Babylon 5," and he also made appearances in the second and third seasons. His TV work also included roles in "Law & Order," "L.A. Law" and soap opera "One Life to Live," and he performed in the original Broadway production of "A Few Good Men."

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."
-Pulp Fiction

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2012, 12:07:51 PM »
:(
I miss :bigdance:

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2012, 01:36:14 PM »
Poor B5 actors , dropping like turkeys in November...

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2012, 11:23:28 PM »
I will miss him greatly.

He was my favorite character in B5. I really liked Bruce Boxleitner, but I loved Michael O'Hare.

He had a quiet yet at the same time strong manner to his enactment of Commander Sinclair. I watched B5 in their first airings and own the entire DVD set plus all the movies. I can't tell you how bummed I was when the 2nd season had Sheridan as the new Commander. Once again, I really liked Sheridan a lot but whether J. Michael Strazcynski purposely wrote out Sinclair or whatever... there was nothing wrong with the first Commander... please bring him back!

He was only 60 years old... way too young. May he rest in peace and he will be remembered.