Author Topic: Editing CE Galaxy SubMenu  (Read 867 times)

Offline angryandorian

• Cookies: 5
  • Prepare for the future...
Editing CE Galaxy SubMenu
« on: July 03, 2009, 06:55:12 PM »
I have the CE Galaxy installed, yet in the ship's custom py file doesn't have a SubMenu category. Imputing my own doesn't seem to have an effect.

Offline Jb06

• Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
Re: Editing CE Galaxy SubMenu
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 07:08:41 PM »
upload the plugin to here.

~Jb06

Offline angryandorian

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 07:19:40 PM »
Here you go.

Offline teleguy

• Cookies: 53
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 07:20:33 PM »
If you want to disable the MVAM menu for all the ships, add this to your parent (integrated) ship plugin:
bMvamMenu = 0
You can also use None instead of 0, but 0 is more natural (in absence of true and false keywords).

You can now also exclude a sub ship from that list, you can do that by adding the same bMvamMenu to that subship plugin.

You can add bMvamMenu in the same way as you do SubMenu and SubSubMenu (more about this in "Using the previous features").

Offline angryandorian

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 07:38:50 PM »
Edit: Shame on me for not reading the SubMenu mod readme. Thank you Teleguy for quoting the necessary section.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 07:40:13 AM »
Does CE Galaxy overwrite the stock Galaxy? Otherwise I don't think that's the plugin for CE Galaxy.

I'm currently a bit unsure what it is that you are trying to do, considering the fact that Teleguy quoted the section about disabling MVAM grouping, I would say that CE Galaxy has the MVAM ability, and you want to try and add a submenu to the ships, you can do this, but you need to apply the exact same submenu to all the subships and reintegrated ship.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline angryandorian

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 11:48:43 AM »
I was actually trying the change the name of the SubMenu the CE Galaxy(which does overwrite the stock Galaxy) was under. What Teleguy was quoting was the way to invalidate a MVAM Menu setup that isn't done through the conventional means of SubMenu = '####'. 

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 07:25:19 PM »
I'm still not entirely sure what it exactly is that you are trying to do.

If the plugin attached above is correct (link to mod please?), then it means it had no submenu to start with, and only a MVAM menu?
And it is exactly the same method, as SubMenu = '####', except that it expects a 0 or a 1 and not text.
You must know that those values at the top are not magical names, they are added to the ship on the ShipDef line, the same place where you would have to add the bMvamMenu in the same way as SubMenu and SubSubMenu.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 08:21:58 PM »
I do believe the CE Galaxy overwrites the stock Galaxy. In order to place stock ships into SubMenus, see this thread.