Author Topic: Additional Ships in multiplayer issues  (Read 555 times)

Equinox1701e

Additional Ships in multiplayer issues
« on: August 02, 2009, 02:36:15 PM »
Hello, I have KM 1.0 Installed and recently have been downloading additional ships and such into the game. They all seem to work in QB but when i tried to LAN the game the ships no longer show up in the selection screen, just the KM1.0 ships. Is there anyway to get added ships to be available in MP? Also when we were in a LAN game my friend kept getting a mismatch script error with some of the added ships, I had him delete his script folder and copied my script folder into his game directory and it still had the same error. I dont understand how the game could have a file mismatch when he had MY exact script folder. Anyone who can shed some light on this i would be really appreciative. Thank you.

Offline angryandorian

• Cookies: 5
  • Prepare for the future...
Re: Additional Ships in multiplayer issues
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 04:43:50 PM »
I believe if you add anything into your game, your friend has to have the exact same things in his install. Not just the scripts folder, but the data and sfx folders as well.  As for getting custom ships into MP, I think that there are tutorials out there that show you how.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 04:53:05 PM »
MP only checks the script folder... you can have any texture you want and it won't mess up the game.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Equinox1701e

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 03:09:12 PM »
Is there a link or somewhere I can look to find instructions on how to get these ships to work in MP? Ive tried to search but have come up empty. Thanks.

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 04:01:05 PM »
I know there has been discussion of it in the past. Someone was making an MP mod for BC that used, I think it's called, the "Vic Viper." I believe he had some success too.

Edit: Found it.
link