Author Topic: URGENT.....I NEED HELP!!!!!  (Read 1698 times)

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
URGENT.....I NEED HELP!!!!!
« on: August 08, 2009, 11:52:08 AM »
THIS IS UGENT....
i need a good  scripter(after model is done) all the positioning of people and all that of a bridge i am making which will be a fusion of the prometheus and intrepid bridges....use the pictures i post to use as reference.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: URGENT.....I NEED HELP!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 11:56:46 AM »
What images?

You seem like a smart person, why can't you do it? Perhaps with some pointers here are there?
Besides, most positioning is done through animations, not scripting.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 12:35:05 PM »
well i cant edit animations and scripts because they crash my pc......but i can do the model of the bridge.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 12:37:04 PM »
You have to be more specific than that, what do you use that causes a crash?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 02:20:48 PM »
i use what any other bridge modder uses for the animations and scripts....but when i try o open and edit it just crashes my pc.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 03:06:23 PM »
So which of the 20 different programs are you using then?

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 03:09:09 PM »

And how can Notepad possibly crash your PC?
MUSE!!!

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 03:15:24 PM »

And how can Notepad possibly crash your PC?
Well, that is possible. Sometimes when you open a file that does not contain text.

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 08:08:08 AM »
i dont remember it because my pc is now being repaired and im using a linux computer.

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 11:13:44 AM »
Anybody else smell Jimmy coming? :funny

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 11:22:42 AM »
*Ahem*

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 11:26:02 AM »
hey thats not fair, i took a shower this morning, i dont stink :P

as far as this thread, well it seems like a request for someone to do crew animating and such for a modeled bridge, and i can say that the chances of that happening are slim to none im afraid...
there are like hundreds of modeled bridges people have made throughout the years, yet they stay at that phase and die out because the animating part is one of the most tedious and complex aspects of BC bridge-making such that only a handful of people in all of BC's history have ever been able to figure it out...

the only advice i can give, flarespire, is that when you have modeled, textured, and lightmapped your bridge, youll have to learn on your own the crew animating (scripting itself isnt all too difficult and once youve figured out everything else, others can help with the scripting to get it ingame)...  
as with all others, any requests to modders usually go unanswered because modders are all backlogged with their own projects and very rarely actually take requests from others...  not to mention, pretty much everyone who would be able to do crew animations have all moved on from BC to work on Excalibur anyway...

so youre on your own, im afraid...  but please feel free to ask questions anyway and perhaps youll be able to learn everything...  making bridges for BC is no easy task...

Offline limey BSc.

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 11:39:05 AM »
hey thats not fair, i took a shower this morning, i dont stink :P

as far as this thread, well it seems like a request for someone to do crew animating and such for a modeled bridge, and i can say that the chances of that happening are slim to none im afraid...
there are like hundreds of modeled bridges people have made throughout the years, yet they stay at that phase and die out because the animating part is one of the most tedious and complex aspects of BC bridge-making such that only a handful of people in all of BC's history have ever been able to figure it out...

the only advice i can give, flarespire, is that when you have modeled, textured, and lightmapped your bridge, youll have to learn on your own the crew animating (scripting itself isnt all too difficult and once youve figured out everything else, others can help with the scripting to get it ingame)...  
as with all others, any requests to modders usually go unanswered because modders are all backlogged with their own projects and very rarely actually take requests from others...  not to mention, pretty much everyone who would be able to do crew animations have all moved on from BC to work on Excalibur anyway...

so youre on your own, im afraid...  but please feel free to ask questions anyway and perhaps youll be able to learn everything...  making bridges for BC is no easy task...

With the animating, the only particuarly annoying part is that is has to be done in Max 3. Beyond that, its no worse than mapping (regular mapping, not lightmapping :P).
MUSE!!!

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2009, 06:54:41 AM »
also for this bridge i need star trek first contacts red alert klaxon so if anyone an help with the sounds that would be 50% of this project done.
i have all the other sounds apart from that.

post edited - such discussion is against forum rules...  - jb76

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2009, 07:30:15 AM »
wasn't FC red alert klaxon done already ??? Defiant red alert klaxon is done for sure tho I'm not sure about Sovereign red alert... can't remember what sound was that anyway :D
...anyway try to look for it on BCFiles or dig SFX folder in Kobayashi Maru 1.0 mod there is about every klaxon ;)

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 10:03:38 AM »
wasn't FC red alert klaxon done already ???
there are many of those at BCFiles, but if flarespire uses something already made/done, permissions from whoever originally made it for BC would have to be secured...

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 11:17:44 AM »
wasn't FC red alert klaxon done already ???
there are many of those at BCFiles, but if flarespire uses something already made/done, permissions from whoever originally made it for BC would have to be secured...
Or credit that person if cannot be reached

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 12:33:11 PM »
well ya, thats a given; if all attempts at contacting the original author first fails...

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009, 11:33:43 AM »
i think i can make it but im not sure.....ill let you know if i need one found ok?

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2009, 03:35:23 PM »
??????????????????????????????? :wtf??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????  :'( :'( :mad