Author Topic: Explain This!!?  (Read 635 times)

Offline Shao

• Cookies: 0
Explain This!!?
« on: September 06, 2009, 07:06:30 PM »
Hey guys, thought I'd give BC multiplayer a go just there with my brother but I ran into an odd problem.  I wanna use my custom ships etc aswell, so I just used an old backup version I had and put that onto my laptop and my desktop for LANage.  I know all your files need to be the same to play BC online, and obviously, both coming from the exact same copy these ones should be! So can anyone explain why there could be a file mismatch?  I think it was Enterprise.pyc or something, but the files should all be the exact same :S.  I've got KM 1.0 installed, the 1.1 patch and then some custom ships.  Both laptop and desktop run quickbattle fine!

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
Re: Explain This!!?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 07:12:58 PM »
those custom ships may have busted the KM multi player.

might as well list your install order.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Shao

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 07:20:25 PM »
Don't have a clue what it was Neb, unless there's a way to generate a report of that I'll prob just reinstall from scratch and just use stock KM!  Thanks anyway!

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 01:09:57 AM »
what neb means is can you tell us exactly what mods you installed and in what order, we might be able to fix it.

Offline Shao

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 05:08:00 AM »
Well it would've been BC, then the Patch, then KM and then the custom ships.  I thought he meant the ships specifically and I have no idea what order I installed them in!

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 09:24:04 PM »
well, I'd say your best chance is to just use a clean KM1 install for MP, you can't play with your custom ships in MP anyway.