Author Topic: Weird problem in Max...  (Read 578 times)

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
Weird problem in Max...
« on: August 24, 2009, 11:40:12 PM »
Ok,
So I'm trying my hands at modeling (to get a better understanding and appreciation for you mods out there :D) and I ran into a problem.

I started modeling in the right viewport (not perspective, not top, not bottom, Right!), but when I go into the top viewport, the model is upside down.

Where oh where did I go wrong?
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
Re: Weird problem in Max...
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 04:06:54 AM »
Do you mean that the top of the ship is at the bottom of the Top Viewport? That's a good thing. That's just how it works, no idea why.
MUSE!!!

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 04:36:49 AM »
Was not aware there was a "right" viewport. There is top, bottom, front and left.

Are you sure it is a right view?
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline CJLarkin

• Cookies: 27
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 04:40:11 AM »
You can switch them around, baz, in any fashion you want. I could have Bottom, Back and Right if I really wanted. You sure that the Top viewport doesn't say "Perspective"? I get this rather annoying thing happening, f'some reason the Top Viewport switches to a perspective view. Make sure all viewports are what you want them to be.
Build a game and people will be happy for a few years. Build a community... Well, look at BC. :D
Here's to another 20 years!

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 05:07:15 AM »
I see will have to look at that.

The problem I get is I acciedently "move" the viewport and it becomes User. Could that be the problem eclipse is getting?
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 12:05:40 PM »
I see will have to look at that.

The problem I get is I acciedently "move" the viewport and it becomes User. Could that be the problem eclipse is getting?

No because even in perspective view it's upside down...

Limey:  Yeah it's like the top viewport is the bottom viewport LOL
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline limey BSc.

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 12:16:02 PM »

Oh, you see the bottom of the ship in the top viewport? How are you getting to the right viewport?
MUSE!!!

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 12:30:15 PM »

Oh, you see the bottom of the ship in the top viewport? How are you getting to the right viewport?

I right click on the "Top" and switch viewports....but the right VP is fine...

Offline MarkyD

• Cookies: 627
  • "A mesh comes together!"
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 12:40:56 PM »
The viewports are how you see them, and by right clicking you can change how they appear, but for modding needs I believe each game needs the meshes modeled on a different plane, but im not an expert on such matters mate.. im sure someone will intervine.  8)

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 12:43:21 PM »
The viewports are how you see them, and by right clicking you can change how they appear, but for modding needs I believe each game needs the meshes modeled on a different plane, but im not an expert on such matters mate.. im sure someone will intervine.  8)

I think I may have messed up with the mesh itself...I'm gonna rework it and see what happens :)

EDIT:  Forgot to flip normals :doh: