Author Topic: Immersion Core v4 ++ Status Report  (Read 9242 times)

starfleetadmiral

Re: Immersion Core v4 ++ Status Report
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2007, 02:38:44 AM »
Out of curiosity- The Bullet Holes- are they decals? You know, do they fade away after a while? And how does the individual hit indicator work (if there is such a thing)?

Offline LJ

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 1139
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2007, 05:03:39 AM »
The bullet holes have a timeout of 30 seconds - but it's a setting of the game so can be changed really easily.  Also you can specify custom decals and explosion materials for custom objects.  :D

Also - what is an 'individual hit indicator'?  We have the HUD at the top of the screen which lists the players heath, and the ability to mask textures on the screen (like blood in farcry) for when the player gets shot pretty easily.

Offline Mustang

• Resident Movie Critic
  • Cookies: 46
  • Muse Fan
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2007, 09:15:04 AM »
Immersion opens up so many new directions for BC to go in - yet you guys choose to think about the ones that might involve naughty pictures of Jeri Ryan! :P tut tut!

That made me rotfl.

Now, back on topic, the "bullet holes" are an awesome feature. I loved the pic of the day today and yesterday.

Now, about the transporter, you say it can work anywhere on any object in any room on any ship? That is awesome. I can't wait for this mod, namely, beaming over to an enemy vessel, blowing them all to hades (Mwahahahahaha!!) and then taking over their vessel. The Borg intruders onto your ship will be awesome as well... you're going to have that, right?

-Mustang

starfleetadmiral

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2007, 02:43:56 AM »
The bullet holes have a timeout of 30 seconds - but it's a setting of the game so can be changed really easily.  Also you can specify custom decals and explosion materials for custom objects.  :D

Also - what is an 'individual hit indicator'?  We have the HUD at the top of the screen which lists the players heath, and the ability to mask textures on the screen (like blood in farcry) for when the player gets shot pretty easily.

A hit indicator is part of the HUD that tells you what direction you last got shot from, so long as you are still alive.

Offline LJ

• Retired Staff
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2007, 06:29:50 AM »
A hit indicator is part of the HUD that tells you what direction you last got shot from, so long as you are still alive.
Yea sure - remind me to add it as one of the finishing touches when the public beta is out :)

You guys must remember the FPS element of this mod is not going to be as good as EF2 lol  They have a game engine designed for FPS - we have an old game engine designed for space simulation! lol  Immersion is making up for this in other ways - cool features that were not available in EF2 and better ;)

Offline LJ

• Retired Staff
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2007, 06:37:15 PM »
ok guys - free walking is done but slow, so i'm gonna impliment bot paths like in quake - ALL the routes can be pre-compiled in a c# app so it will be blisteringly fast in BC  :mrgreen: yay for dijkstra! lol

meanwhile

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2007, 06:52:41 PM »
Semi random fact...

Did you know that Dijkstra was born only a mile away from my house?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline LJ

• Retired Staff
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2007, 07:05:02 PM »
Semi random fact...

Did you know that Dijkstra was born only a mile away from my house?
WOW  :shock:
Something in the water around your house which helps breed awsome computer scientists ;) hehe

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2007, 07:12:50 PM »
 :D :D :D

Feckin' deadly ;)

Watch your words, LJ, in Holland, being "in the water" can be a very bad thing indeed. (<-corny as f*ck, I apologise.)

I likey the look of yonder high-poly Trill :)
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2007, 07:17:52 PM »
Excuse me for the off topic-ness.
Watch your words, LJ, in Holland, being "in the water" can be a very bad thing indeed. (<-corny as f*ck, I apologise.)
That's odd, I didn't know that expression.

Though, the local river is polluted no matter what the counsel says. Get me in bed for 3 straight days for just under a minute of contact.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

ChiefBrex

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2007, 09:55:51 AM »
Wow, this project sounds fascinating. LJ - I assume that Immersion Core can be customized to each player's specific likes and dislikes? Because it sounds like with Immersion Core, you could literally make Bridge Commander as canon as possible, and make it much more interactive than it ever was. You could literally re-write the original single player campaign. I mean, imagine, during a battle with the Cardassians, when you lose a shield, you suddenly have Cardassians beaming onto the bridge...The player could go visit his Ready Room, even CUSTOMIZE The ready room...

Dude, I have to say, with this and Star Trek: Excalibur, Bridge Commander is gonna reach new heights that not even Legacy with Ultimate Universe can achieve.

Offline LJ

• Retired Staff
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2007, 01:27:13 PM »
exactly ;)  and thankyou very much for the compliment!

As i see it, it's not about being full of pre-defined fancy things like rooms.  It's about giving the community the ability to create their own fancy features really really easily by providing a platform which is extensible enough to deal with it.

Also,  Excalibur will include and pretty much fully use Immersion! :mrgreen:

bsilver2988

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2007, 03:01:39 PM »
good lord lj...thats insanely good news.  i'd say Excalibur is goiing to officially define Bridge Commander as an entirely new game.

Offline Shinzon

• Cookies: 9
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2007, 04:29:40 PM »
wow... if excalibur is going to include immersion, i could only dream what kind of mod that'll be like.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2007, 04:30:34 PM »
good lord lj...thats insanely good news.  i'd say Excalibur is goiing to officially define Bridge Commander as an entirely new game.
*Thinks of the new features in Excalibur, and gives a big grin* :mrgreen:

ChiefBrex

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2007, 08:13:49 PM »
Guys - You know, with Immersion Core and Star Trek: Excalibur, we could literally re-build Bridge Commander.

From what I've been told, ST: E will support 3rd party campaigns. So, we could re-do the stock campaign so that it's better than ever. I mean, could you imagine making it even more episodic than before? Like, think about it. You could go into the Ready Room during the slow parts, and kinda play around. Or you could go to your quarters. Or inspect the ship. The possibilities are endless!

You could even go to the shuttle bay and pilot a shuttle out of the dock. We could really do TONS of things with this stuff.

Offline Rob Archer

• Cookies: 545
  • New Frontier MKVI
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2007, 03:07:01 PM »
Or you could even have the cutscene with Captain Wright and the first officer.

startrekw_george

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2007, 06:22:05 PM »
this looks AWESOME!!!, but i think the blood needs to be re-textured a little... it looks like splattered caned tomatoes lol. i cant what till this mod comes out!!!!

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2007, 10:00:19 AM »
btw - all info and progress on Immersion can be found at BCS:

http://bcscripters.com/forums/index.php/board,19.0.html

jb42682

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2007, 11:43:05 AM »
My parents just moved from there old house. getting all my old stuff out i came across my Bridge commander still in original case but very dusty and needed good disc cleaning lol. anyways just installed it and got online to see if there were any patches for it. Holy crap guys to me this defiently the best st game of all time but you guys just want let it die lol:) and now immersion comes along fullfilling many of a treky gamers most greatest fantasy. y not just open a software company and make bc2. you've already got target consumers. Just kidding but seriously this work is incredible and that includes all who have put the simplist add on to bc. can't wait to try it:)