Author Topic: Cartoonin'  (Read 759 times)

Offline Armondikov

• Cookies: 21
Cartoonin'
« on: September 05, 2009, 11:10:19 AM »
I haven't posted here in a while so I figured I may as well show off my current project. I've almost given up on 3D stuff recently apart from making a few concept images or designs so at least this won't we what you normally see here. As far as I know, I've never really tried anything like this properly.

Anyway, work in progress as always. The rough sketch is very rough and may be subject to change.
"This is my Earth, and it's fine. It's where I spend the vast majority of my time. It's not perfect, but it's mine."

Offline Zephram

• Cookies: 13
Re: Cartoonin'
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 02:12:15 PM »
You should really work hard on 3d and learn. Your 2D work really is impressive, that kind of shading and attention to detail would look great on textures.

Have you ever thought about just asking people to help out on textures? If you have not got the time to learn to model?

Offline MarkyD

• Cookies: 627
  • "A mesh comes together!"
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 09:19:59 AM »
Those second two are excellent.

Offline Armondikov

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 10:06:50 AM »
Managed to get two more done. The remaining two are a bit of challenge.
"This is my Earth, and it's fine. It's where I spend the vast majority of my time. It's not perfect, but it's mine."

Offline Zephram

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 10:20:38 AM »
Would you like to help me out with my textures?

http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,6352.0.html

I think if i sent you the Jpegs you could add some weathering etc, your more artistic than i am with shaidng to do this

Offline MarkyD

• Cookies: 627
  • "A mesh comes together!"
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 11:34:25 AM »
sly looks a little flat mate,

thats being very picky mind, they are all ACE... BUT to give you honest feedback, sly, looks flat and needs more work.  ;)

Offline Zephram

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 11:44:51 AM »
Can i ask you to take a little request?

Can I use Ross as an Avatar please  :)

Offline Armondikov

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 04:29:54 PM »
Can I use Ross as an Avatar please  :)

I don't know yet. If I send it back to the band and they use it in any way, the copyright will go all over the place. So give me a week or two to at least finish the whole set.

Offline Armondikov

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 11:04:19 AM »
My new RAM arrived today. Photoshop actually works properly now!!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline Armondikov

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 04:34:11 PM »
Pretty much done, this almost took as long as the Nightwish one.