Author Topic: Questions about Bridge creation or adaption  (Read 1036 times)

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
Questions about Bridge creation or adaption
« on: September 06, 2009, 07:27:53 PM »
Hi guys, could any one give me som info on how the tactical display on some bridges works.

I mean on the ambassador bridge on km1.0 there is a console which shows hull damage and shield strength. how is it done.

also is it "simple" to move something like that to for example the msd at the aft station.

what id like to try and do is have a bridge where when on the bridge you can look at the msd and see the status of your ships shields and hull.
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline Worf359Alpha

• Master HardPointer, Novice Scripter!
  • Cookies: 14
  • Peace Thru Superior Firepower
Re: Questions about Bridge creation or adaption
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 10:19:59 PM »
Hey Hobbs, While im certaily no expert on Bridges, i dont think that is possible, but if it issome1 will chimm in. Far as i know the Tactical icon the Tactical veiw is the only source of the info, i would love to be wrong though, that would be very cool!
500+ HardPointed Ships and counting! Man where do i find the time!

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 12:20:19 AM »
indeed, hobbs is right, some of the newer bridges including the Ambassador and the Constitution refit have this feature on the front console.  it shouldn't be too difficult to set up a working MSD, assuming you know how to model a new panel and you can find the code necessary to enable the plugin, it is a built in feature in Bridge Plugin Gold.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 05:25:00 AM »
That is possible but with limitations to hull strenght status and shields, no ship systems included, you would need to remap whole panel and scipt some anims I guess then using BPCore tactical display set everything up... well if such displays are already on both Ambassador and Constitution models then it's possible to move this feature to msd I think ;)

Offline hobbs

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 02:44:53 PM »
cool:) positive answers to some degree:)

I judt think the msd should do more lol in the design for my uss griffin class i have the msd to the side of the bridge and on it would be the shield status and the hull strength. then on the opposite side would be the old style msd.
 ill see if i can do a bridge design and show you guys

i'm gonna see if i can find the code(?) for the bridge tac display
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline Sean

• Retired Administrator
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1165
  • Site Co-Founder
    • Bridge Commander Central
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 04:00:12 PM »
the TSD is made up of different layered faces in the model in order for it to work. this would need to be moved in the max file to the required location, then re-niffed

Offline hobbs

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 06:13:06 PM »
the TSD is made up of different layered faces in the model in order for it to work. this would need to be moved in the max file to the required location, then re-niffed

oh my god. that makes perfect sense.... why didnt i think of that?!?

lol thank you sean  :) i will atempt that when i manage to get max.... hmmm would i be able to use Gmax to do it?

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 07:14:07 PM »
As far as I know, the only bridges that were ever completed were exported from Max 3.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 07:23:06 AM »
There are more systems you can patch in, phasers, torpedoes, warp engines. Then there are the (de)cloaking and warping, and I believe MVAM support as well.
But it's the model that will be the problem to adapt.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.