Author Topic: HELP! Thirty Galaxy Skin Pileup!  (Read 405 times)

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
HELP! Thirty Galaxy Skin Pileup!
« on: September 16, 2009, 05:11:41 PM »
okay, I've got a wacky glitch.

decided i wanted the Star Wreck parody galaxy, which requires the SNS Galaxy.  I'd allready grabbed the P81 galaxy for a better looking ship (beautiful ship, lousy weak Hardpoint).  now I have a thirty galaxy pileup.

portions of all three Galaxies and their components now sit in the Galaxy ship folder AND the Shared textures feds ships folder.  I've got a pure mishmash of textures in various sizes, none of which will use the Scotchy registry changes.

how do I pare this mess down to a useable Galaxy.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
Re: Thirty Galaxy Pileup!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 05:47:01 PM »
install the P81 galaxy into a separate folder, and then remove the textures that come in that folder from the Galaxy folder (note: this will break the P81 galaxy)  most likely the reason you can't see your retexture in game on the SNS is that it uses the SDT to call reg textures, you need to make your changes to the textures in the shared texture folder and create an SDT entry to point to the new textures.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Re: HELP! Thirty Galaxy Skin Pileup!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 05:54:17 PM »
in otherwords, use the P81 as an example to yank all of it's textures out of the two folders?  could I do this with the stock Galaxy textures as well, mostly to clear out space, avoiding swiping the shared texture folder's images to keep the Gal's and nebulas (which use the same saucer and nacelles) from going crunch?

oh, "SDT"?

Edit: oh.  next time, I'll have a better look at the requirements.  this would explain why the Soverign version i grabbed in my previous install didn't work either (it gave me the Enterprise E skin)
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet