Author Topic: ideas please  (Read 798 times)

Offline candle_86

• Cookies: 2
  • Position Gamma Hydra sector 10
ideas please
« on: September 22, 2009, 05:39:49 PM »
I built this just to do it, but I like the shape, and the lower pic is the inside of the engine, now Im lost on direction here, I was thinking coping my engine design onto 2 other engines and add them onto pylons on each side and maybe a lower hanging hanger deck, but would like some community input. The idea here is a 2020 Deep Space Exploration ship, experimental grav plating, no armarment. The Hanger would hold 2 shuttle like space craft, dressed in NASA Livery. Stated Goal to travel to Alpha Centuri and start a colony. Max speed is 89,937,737.4m/s or 3/10 FTL using ION engine, powered by a Fusion reactor. Life support systems include a large hydropnics area with trees ect to act as natural air recylers, and lifestock for meat. Reactor powered by collected space debries and solar dust (havnt worked out an idea for that) Travel time anticipated to be 61years, but the ship never returned home, presumed destroyed. But I want more ideas on what to add to the model itself, still working on texture ideas in my head.

Just a break down, the front section is the command module, designed to seperate if the reactor breach's included cryostatis chambers. Middle section is the main area, hydroponics, recreation, science labs, main reactor. Rear cone is the engine assembly

I want to give a rouge estimate of 120 total crew 60men, 60 women all unmarried upon launch, the idea is because of trip length the crew would reproduce and then train there children to operate the vessel

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
Re: ideas please
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 05:52:23 PM »
To me this sounds like a precedessor to that:
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/ENDEAVOUR;28919

Offline candle_86

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 05:58:56 PM »
possibily but no warp drive, totally intended for sublight power

Offline candle_86

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 09:47:27 PM »
how does this look so far, 2 engines annoyed me

Offline candle_86

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 10:18:53 PM »
here is this, now tomorrow ive got to detach/weld it all to make it one mesh that should be fun lol

below is the actual mesh, i decied to delete the launch bay it ruined the design to me. So if you have any pointers on how to get this mess welded in im all ears on this, the main body and center engine is a single mesh, just the side engines are not, I made those by destroying part of the mesh lol

Offline Armondikov

• Cookies: 21
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 05:56:01 AM »
I certainly can't and shouldn't tell you which direction to take a model. I usually work without thinking too much about where it's going beyond some vague ideas and let the polygons just suggest things to do as I'm going (which sounds weird but it works).

However, I'd be tempted to try something a little different if you're looking at pylons for engines. Rather than just mount them directly, have a ring or similar to give it a slightly more unusual shape. If you want it near future, you can also look up things like Howard Day's Earth-Mars Transit Vehicle: http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/3d-wips/20337-earth-mars-transit-vehicle.html
"This is my Earth, and it's fine. It's where I spend the vast majority of my time. It's not perfect, but it's mine."

Offline candle_86

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 10:51:49 AM »
well came back today the .gmax curupted

Offline Armondikov

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 11:45:19 AM »
Have you considered Milkshape? It was big as an entry level program a few years ago but has since re-appeared on the net. To the best of my knowledge, it's pretty stable and works really well for the stuff you're doing now.
"This is my Earth, and it's fine. It's where I spend the vast majority of my time. It's not perfect, but it's mine."

Offline candle_86

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 01:12:43 PM »
ive considered it but am told milkshape doesnt texture, i do own 3ds but got lost and went back to gmax till i get better lol

Offline Armondikov

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 01:55:11 PM »
Milkshape does texture from what I remember of using, but it's not a particularly powerful UV mapper so it's difficult. It's pretty much the perfect program for manipulating 3D geometry before moving on to the likes of 3ds Max, Maya or Lightwave.

Offline candle_86

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 02:18:46 PM »
well ive made ships before, here are the two finished ships i already made, textures and ships

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 08:48:09 AM »
whoa, I completely forgot about a "tripod" type.  Have you converted these for BC yet? please?
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 01:01:50 PM »
I for one would love to see more SFM ships on BCFiles

Offline candle_86

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 01:40:55 PM »
whoa, I completely forgot about a "tripod" type.  Have you converted these for BC yet? please?

not yet, wasp needs to be remade totally for BC its on my todo list, so does Daedalus.

working on the wasp remake for you, here is a teaser

Offline Phaser

• Star Trek Canon Authority
  • Cookies: 231
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2009, 04:11:02 PM »
I like your Wasp design!

Offline candle_86

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2009, 06:29:12 PM »