Author Topic: Sound RIP request  (Read 1696 times)

Offline Anew9

• Cookies: 1
Re: Sound RIP request
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2009, 01:11:38 PM »
Umm, you only need Audacity set to stereomix to record any sound played on your PC. No extra software needed.

No I do need other software to convert the flv. to wav. Audacity doesn't open flv or mpeg4 files (I just tried it). I use FLV converter to download youtube clips for editing, and its outputs dont include wav.

You don't have to convert it from flv to wav. You can play the clip on youtube and record the sound output with Audacity.

Anyway Super and XMedia Recode both can convert flv to wave.

Sweet arm torpedo sfx but I used mp3 to replace the XO's red alert mp3; but there is a problem... I get a static noise ingame! AND my shield hit sounds are not working (no sound). They are in wav format but they aint working. Ill post my arm torpedoes and shield hit sfx.

AFAIK the files need to have the same format, bitrate, length etc. as the stock game files. The easiest way to achive this would be to open the stock sound files and to paste your new sounds into there.

How do I do that? I converted the arm torpedo mp3 to mono and it seemed to be working, but now its doing the static thing every once and a while. I looked at the mp3 stock file properties and see different bit rates etc. but it IS in mono now. How can I match this? Is it in audacity?

Offline Nx-809

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2009, 02:20:08 PM »
The sound effect and bridge noise is all in .wav format mono a 16bit
Only music is in mp3 format!! For convert download goldwave.
But your intentionv is make sound like this??

Offline Anew9

• Cookies: 1
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2009, 02:28:10 PM »
The sound effect and bridge noise is all in .wav format mono a 16bit
Only music is in mp3 format!! For convert download goldwave.
But your intentionv is make sound like this??

I overwrite the XO mp3 redalert2 sound to the mp3 arm torpedo mp3 that has 64kpbs bit rate and a 44khz encode. Heres the track I edited (I think this is your audio file). What's wrong with it? It is seems to be right with me; I compared the properties info from the stock mp3 to the audio file I edited, its still doing the static noise.

Offline Nx-809

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2009, 03:03:10 PM »
You could post the original XO'red alert sound??

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2009, 03:42:22 PM »
its still doing the static noise.
use WinLame to encode the sfx...

Offline teleguy

• Cookies: 53
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2009, 03:49:49 PM »
This one should work.

There's also a stock sound (I think) that is pretty similar in sfx\ebridge .